Ever since their debut in August, fans in India were eagerly waiting for the Redmi Note 8 Pro and its little sibling. Well, the Redmi Note 8 series has launched in the country. The bigger of the two boasts a 64MP quad-camera setup. It is equipped with a Mediatek Helio G90T chipset. Like always, the event showcased a lot more than phones. We witnessed the announcement of Mi Air Purifier 2C, the MIUI 11 global edition and of course the Redmi Note 8 series.
Price and Availability of every Redmi products
- Mi Air Purifier 2C priced at Rs. 6,499; It will be available starting October 16 at 4 pm via Mi.com, and later on from October 18, 12 noon via Amazon, Flipkart, Mi Home, and other retail outlets.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro base variant with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage is priced at Rs. 14,999, while the higher 6GB RAM and 128GB will be available at Rs. 15,999 and lastly the high-end model with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage variant at Rs. 17,999.
- Redmi Note 8 base variant with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage starts at Rs. 9,999, while the bigger 6GB RAM and 128GB storage will retail at Rs. 12,999.
- Both the phones will be available from 21 October at 12 noon via Amazon India and Mi outlets.
Redmi Note 8 Pro highlights
Note 8 Pro parades a 6.53-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 5 protection. This is a splash-resistant screen. And the device in itself is IP52 water resistance. Redmi extolled the phone’s speakers as well which is equipped with Smart PA technology and p2i coating. It sticks to a teardrop notch, wherein a 20MP selfie camera resides.
As a part of their Aura Design language, Note 8 Pro sports a diamond-cut gradient texture. The phone comes out in Halo White, Gamma Green, and Carbon Black colors. The back also comes with a Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The phone’s fingerprint scanner is placed right underneath the camera panel.
Identical to the K20 Pro (review), this one has a vertical camera island housed in the middle. The primary camera is a 64MP Samsung GW1 sensor paired with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, a 2-megapixel macro camera (2cm focal distance) and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. Videography is possible at 4K max resolution and slo-mo video recording support at 960fps.
Redmi Note 8 Pro boasts the following gaming features:
- You get Gamer Turbo 2.0
- MediaTek Hyperengine optimizations
- TUV Rheinland certification for the high-performance network connectivity whilst gaming. Speaking of network, Note 8 Pro supports dual-band WiFi (2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz).
- The display will shift between various contrast and the network will auto-switch between WiFi and 4G mobile data during gameplay.
- Hardware-wise, there is liquid cooling present for the heat dissipation.
The Note 8 Pro bears a 4500mAh battery which can be topped using an 18W fast charger. This is equipped with USB Power Delivery (QC4.0+ and Pump Express). You can dock it inside a USB-C port, roomed alongside a 3.5mm jack. Like many other Redmi phones, this one also packs an IR blaster.
Amazon Alexa comes out of the box. The Note 8 Pro ships with the latest MIUI 11 global ROM (based on Android 9) out of the box. They also disclosed the MIUI 11 rollout timeline for other Xiaomi phones.
Redmi Note 8 vs Redmi Note 8 Pro: What’s different?
For starters, the Redmi Note 8 is propelled by the Snapdragon 665 processor. The rear quad cameras are led by a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor. The display is trimmed to 6.3-inches. The front camera is a smaller 13MP sensor but does feature AI beautify, Portrait mode and AI scene detection. There is a 4000mAh battery, which shares the same 18W fast charger. It is out in Moonlight White, Cosmic Purple, Neptune Blue, and Space Black.
Here are the spec comparison table between the Notes.
|Models||Redmi Note 8 Pro||Redmi Note 8|
|Display||6.53-inch 2340×1080 91.4% screen to body ratio||6.3-inch 2340×1080, 90% screen to body ratio.|
|Software||MIUI 11 based on Android Pie||MIUI 11 based on Android Pie|
|Rear Camera||64MP+ 8MP ultra-wide lens+ 2MP macro lens+ 2MP depth sensor||48MP + 8MP (120-degree ultra-wide lens)+ 2MP macro lens + 2MP depth camera|
|Processor||MediaTek Helio G90T||Snapdragon 665|
|Battery||4500mAh battery with 18W charger in the box||4000mAh battery with 18W charger in the box|