The latest Asus 6Z (review) software update brings a bunch of camera improvements and the June security patch. The main camera features are the ARCore support, 8X digital zoom beside the bug fixes and improvements. Starting today, the update version 16.1210.1906.156 would roll out to its users.
You could tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Let’s see what else is new in this Asus 6Z update.
Here’s the official changelog:
- Enabled ARCore
- Improved Video Call Experience
- Enabled 8X zoom in Photo mode
- Removed the time limit for FHD video recording
- Added the function: to start/stop video recording with Volume Keys in the Camera app
- Optimized Screenshot Stability and solved bug related to screenshot functionality
- Improved Photo Image Quality on Noice Reduction
- Improved Camera Flipping Stability
- Updated Security Patch to June 2019
- Updated Translation Strings in Settings
We’d recommend you wait for the update to reach you via proper channels, but if you are impatient, you may download from the release page and follow the steps given in this official forum. It is recommended to backup your important data before proceeding.
ALSO READ: HP Omen X 2S Hands On Review
The previous update had added Super Night mode to the ultrawide camera. With the new update, it seems that Asus is working towards improving the 6Z’s camera experience.