Amidst all the expectations surrounding the Nokia X6 India launch, HMD Global has launched its Nokia 3.1 smartphone in India. Like all other HMD Global smartphones, the Nokia 3.1 offers stock Android experience and will get future OS updates, including Android P.
Nokia 3.1 Features and Highlights
The Nokia 3.1 is HMD Global’s first phone with 18:9 display in afordable segment. The phone houses a 5.2-inch HD+ screen with 2.5D curved glass layered on top. The smartphone employs an octa-core MediaTek MT6750N processor along with Mali T860 GPU and 2GB of RAM. As for storage, it comes with 16GB of built-in storage, that supports expandable storage up to 128GB.
In optics, the Nokia 3.1 features a 13-megapixel rear camera with autofocus, LED flash and f/2.0 aperture. On the flip side, there’s an 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture and 84-degree field of view. The phone draws juice from a 2,990 mAh battery. The Nokia 3.1 has 3.5 mm headphone jack, micro USB, and Bluetooth 4.2 as connectivity options. It is worth mentioning that the Nokia 3.1 doesn’t include a fingerprint scanner.
“Nokia 3.1 will receive three years of monthly security patches and two years of OS updates from launch, as guaranteed in the Android One programme. This puts them among the most secure phones out there, always up to date with the latest Google services like the Google Assistant and Google Photos with free unlimited high-quality photo storage,” said the company.
Nokia 3.1 Price In India and Launch offers
HMD Global has set the Nokia 3.1 India price at Rs 10,499. The phone will go on sale from July 21 on both offline and online channels. The Nokia 3.1 will be available online on Paytm Mall and Nokia.com.
As a part of launch offers, all those consumers who purchase Nokia 3.1 from a retail outlet by scanning the Paytm Mall QR code will get 10% cashback on future recharges and bill payments on Paytm. The e-wallet to e-commerce platform is also offering two Rs 250 movie cashback vouchers with Nokia 3.1 which can e redeemed on booking at least two movie tickets via Paytm. If you’re an Idea or Vodafone customers, HMD Global is offering data bundles and unlimited calls.
Nokia 3.1 specifications
- 5.2-inch, HD+ resolution, 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750N (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) OS, upgradable to Android P
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84.6-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 146.25 x 68.65 x 8.7mm; Weight: 138.3 g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- 2990mAh battery