Samsung’s On-series is known to offer J-series phones at more competitive prices to online buyers. The latest to join the club is Galaxy On8, which is almost similar to the Galaxy J8 (Review) that launched a while back.
The Galaxy On8 offers Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 450 octa-core chipset and dual rear cameras for a subsidized price compared to Galaxy J8.
Samsung Galaxy On8 Price and Availability
The Galaxy On8 price in India is Rs. 16,990 INR, which makes it Rs 2000 cheaper than its offline variant, Galaxy J8. The handset will be available online on Flipkart and on Samsung’s own online retail stores starting August 6, 2018.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mi A2 Hands-on Review
Samsung Galaxy On8 Features
Talking of features, the Galaxy On8 has a 6-inch HD+ (18.5:9) super AMOLED display and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 450 octa-core chipset paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. Users may also add up to 256GB of microSD storage using the dedicated card slot.
On the rear, there is a 16MP(f/1.7) rear camera paired with a 5MP(f/1.9) depth sensor that’s used of ‘Live Focus’ aka Portrait mode. The front selfie camera has a 16MP sensor with a f/1.9 aperture lens and LED flash.
Other features include FM Radio, 4G VoLTE, Android 8.0 Oreo-based software, and a 3500mAh battery.
“At Samsung, our constant endeavour is to bring meaningful innovation in our products and services that can truly add value to the lives of our consumers. Galaxy On8 sports Samsung’s signature Infinity Display and is a stunning device with state-of-the-art hardware and software features. With Galaxy On8, we have emphasized more on the camera, which is one of the most used features by millennials today,” said Sandeep Singh Arora Vice President Online Business of Samsung India.
Samsung Galaxy On8 specifications
- 6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED Display, 18.5:9 Aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform; Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM, dedicated card slot
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, a secondary 5MP camera with f/1.9 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT+, GPS
- 3500mAh battery