The persistent Rumor mill can finally take a well-deserved break. The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is official and kicking and is scheduled to arrive in India on August 11, 2016.
With the new Note, Samsung adopts a rather conservative approach. The Galaxy Note7 can be oversimplified as a Galaxy S7 edge with an additional S-Pen, but there are more than a handful of changes and refinements that keep the ball rolling.
What’s New In Samsung Galaxy Note 7?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 becomes the first phone with Gorilla Glass 5 (Both front and back)
- It is also the first Samsung phone with a Type C port
- The much hyped IR scanner is a reality, and it doesn’t come at the expense of fingerprint sensor
- This is the first Samsung Note that offers IP68 water resistance
- Samsung has also introduced a new Blue color variant
- Then there are a ton of small but significant software changes (including the ability to make GIFs from videos using S Pen)
- The S Pen is 2 X pressure sensitive and is now assisted by a more refined software
- Oh, and the S Pen won’t go in backwards
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, Samsung sticks to the same display and camera as in its latest S series flagship. But, since they are already one of the best available options, there isn’t any reason to complain.
Talking of Galaxy Note 7 Specifications, you will get a Quad-core Snapdragon 820/ Exynos octa-core SoC (Region based), 64GB storage, 256GB microSD card support, 4GB RAM, 12MP rear camera plus 5MP front camera each with big size pixels and f/1.7 aperture optics, and a massive 3500 mAh battery. The Software is Android 6.0 Marshmallow based and since the display is curved around both edges, you also get to use the Edge UX.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Photo Gallery
Samsung Galaxy Note7 Specifications And Features
|Model||Samsung Galaxy Note7|
|Display||5.7-inch, 2560 X 1440 QHD, Super AMOLED display, Dual Edge, Gorilla Glass 5|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 820/ Exynos 8890|
|Internal Storage||64GB (expandable up to 256GB)|
|Software||Android Marshmallow based TouchWiz|
|Primary Camera||12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash|
|Secondary Camera||5 MP, f/1.7, 22mm, dual video call, Auto HDR|
|Battery||3500 mAh, Fast Charging, USB Type C port|
|Others||Dual SIM, 4G LTE, VoLTE, Fingerprint Sensor, Iris scanner, S Pen (4096 points pressure sensitivity)|
|Price||To be announced|