Celebrating its 30th anniversary, ASUS launched a new edition of the Zenfone 6 (review) with a whopping 12GB of RAM and 512GB of onboard storage. The new phone variant was unveiled at Computex 2019 event in the company’s hometown Taiwan.
It now relishes similarly stupendous specs as the OnePlus 7 Pro (review). However, this will be a special edition with limited availability and hence only 3,000 units will ever be made.
That said, ASUS would offer certain VIP benefits to its buyers. You would get an exclusive 30-month warranty. Moreover, there would be slight variations in the design of the device as well. It will flaunt an elite Matte Black colorway, with an “iconic Zen-inspired concentric-circle patterning” and “distinctive Edition 30 logo”. This one has an horizontally-aligned Asus logo unlike the blue-ish colored vertically-aligned logo in the standard variant.
ASUS Zenfone 6 Features
Right off the bat, you would notice its form factor featuring a flip module that allows you to shoot selfies using the 48Mp Sony IMX586 sensor, or the 13Mp wide-angle shooter. The huge memory/storage combo would be complemented by Snapdragon 855, and 5,000mAh battery internally.
DxOMark, the reputed reference for mobile imaging quality, has given a score of 98 for the ZenFone 6 selfie, making it the highest rated smartphone in the market for selfies. Overall, the photography strikes a score of 101 and 93 for videography.
The Taiwanese giant has also rolled out a camera update to improve the optical performance of Zenfone 6. These are the changelog for the new update version 16.1210.1904.115:
- Camera Super Night Mode & HDR+ Enhanced mode(HDR++) performance Improvement on image processing speed and image quality
- Add volume key functions: to control the flip camera rotation; set the volume key as “Shutter, Zoom, Flip camera” in Asus Camera’s settings manually.
- Use smart key as a shutter to take pictures in Camera mode.
- Update default wallpaper and ringtone
- Improve camera rotation stability
- Optimize translation strings in Setting
- Enable Taiwan mobile Volte, MTS Volte/VoWifi, and KDDI/ Docomo/SBM Volte
The new rollout would reach OTA in the next few days, depending on your location. Go to the “System updates” section in Settings >System menu to check for the newer firmware update. Or else, you could also try to manually update firmware by visiting the official website link.