Grocery shopping has changed a lot in the last few years. While earlier many Indian households used to make a list and get everything from a fixed store in the first week of every month, this is no longer the case now. Many working professionals don’t have time to curate a list and thus they want to get anything they need at any point in time. This leads to situations when it is late and you need ketchup immediately. The store nearest to you is closed and now you want to look for another store nearby that is still open. In such a situation, Google can come to your aid as it helps you look for nearby grocery stores and their timings.
There are quite a few tools that help you look for nearby grocery stores and also their opening time, closing time, address, phone number, etc. In this article, we have discussed ways to look for a grocery store via mobile as well as desktop/PC.
Finding Nearest Grocery Store Using Google Maps Application
- Open the Google Maps App on your Android or iOS device.
- In the search box of the app, key in the location or address where you want to visit or look for a store.
- Tap on the search button.
- Once you do this, the location will display on your screen with options like directions, start, and more. Skip all these and scroll down to the categories tab.
- There will be options like Restaurants, Petrol, Hotels, Groceries, Medicines and more.
- Select the Groceries tab and the list of all the grocery shops in that area will be displayed. These stores will be marked as red pins or dots on the map.
- Tap the closest pin location to check the store.
You can add more filters too like store rating, distance, etc. by using the drop-down menu under the Search Box. This will save you time as well as energy of going out and looking for a grocery store.
Finding Nearest Grocery Stores Using Google Maps on Desktop/PC
- Open Google Maps on your laptop/desktop.
- Key in the address or name of the area wherein you want to look for a grocery store and then click on Enter.
- Click on the Nearby tab to look for grocery stores near you.
- Enter ‘Grocery stores’ in the search box and click on enter to begin the search.
- The site will show all the stores in the area that match your search along with their exact address.
- To look for directions to a specific store, click on directions and you will get the exact steps to reach the store.
How to Find Out if the Store you are Looking for is currently Open or Not
Google Maps not only shows the location of the stores but also lets you know if the store is open or closed at the moment. After you have searched for the stores, you can see whether the store is Now Open, Open 24 Hours, or Now Closed. Timings of the store are also given to inform you about when the store is expected to open next. Even the days on which the store remains closed are also informed about. Follow these steps to find out if the store is open or not-
- While you are searching, you can narrow down the results of your search by tapping on the ‘Open Now’ option under the Hours drop-down menu on the site.
- Or You can click the Open Now Tab at the top of the page.
Google tracks the busy hours of stores too so it lets you know if a specific store has a rush at the moment or not. Shopkeepers can enter their phone numbers too so that anyone who wants to visit their store can contact them to know the exact status.
Finding a Store Using Stillopen App on PC/Desktop
- Visit the website www.stillopen.com/open-stores-near-me
- The site will ask permission to access your location. Allow it and it will detect your current location automatically.
- You will see a window wherein you will be asked to find a service you are looking for.
- Type the name of the service and search for availability of the items.
- The app lets you know which stores matching your search are open now and also gives directions to it.
- If you have visited a store and have something to say about it, you can post your views in the reviews section.
1. Can groceries be ordered online from the comfort of one’s home?
Yes, groceries can now be ordered online where and when you like.
2. Name some sites that deliver groceries at home.
Online apps like Zomato Market, Swiggy Instamart, Blinkit, Big Basket, Amazon Fresh, and Flipkart deliver groceries to your doorstep.