Just like some of our parents, there’s still a large number of people who prefer to visit the nearest local shop to recharge their phone numbers. But ever since the Covid-19 lockdown, these outlets are also closed. So, to make up for this, telecom giants in the country have come forward with a quirky solution – ATM recharge!
Yes, now you can go to bank ATMs nearby and top-up the phone balance. It works on Reliance Jio, Airtel, Vodafone numbers for now. So, without much ado, let’s get down to the process.
ALSO READ: How to book Covid 19 online test in India
How to recharge mobile number from ATM
Follow these steps to recharge your Jio/Airtel/Vodafone number from the nearest ATM.
- Insert your card in the machine
- Tap on the Recharge option from the menu.
- Enter the mobile number that you want to recharge.
- Enter your ATM Pin.
- Enter the recharge amount.
- Confirm by pressing the enter key.
- You’ll see a recharge message on the screen.
- The recharge amount will be deducted from your bank account and you will receive the recharge successful message from your specific operator.
That’s it! So what do you think about this new initiative? If you ask me, I appreciate when brands step up like these to make our lives easier. But, but, but, if you can get it done online, albeit from a family member, then that’s better. After all, stay home stay safe and maintain social distancing as far as possible.