Even in such testing times, Tech is making life convenient. If you think you or any of your family member is showing Covid-19 symptoms, you can book for a Coronavirus Test online, right from your couch.
Practo, the popular platform that lets you consult and book doctor appointments online has collaborated with Thyrocare for this endeavor. Additionally, SRL labs and Dr. Lal Path labs also offer this facility.
All these services have been authorized by the government of India and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
Here’s how all of them, more or less work –
Steps to book Covid 19 tests online
- As a prerequisite, keep a valid doctor’s prescription, duly filled Test Requisition Form (Form 44) signed by the physician, and a photo ID card (Aadhaar card/ Voter Id/ Driving license/Passport). These are to be shown at the time of testing.
- Also, note that the test fees is Rs 4500/-.
- Next up, visit either of the following to book the appointment:
- Accordingly, a certified phlebotomist (from I2H) will collect the sample from your home directly. Needless to say, they will be following all necessary precautions mentioned in the ICMR guidelines while taking the swabs.
- The collected Swab will be carried in a viral transport medium (VTM) and transported in a cold chain to the Thyrocare laboratory which has been selected for COVID-19 testing.
- You will get the report on the respective website within 24-48 hours of the sample collection.
- If God forbid, you’re tested positive, you should receive supportive care for relieving your symptoms.
- For more technical help, contact Government of India’s Helpline Number Toll-free: 1075 +91-11-23978046 or Helpline Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
ALSO READ: Best Health and Fitness Apps in India
Should you book Covid 19 checkup?
You should consult your general physician if you have Covid 19 symptoms such as high fever, cough, shortness of breath, respiratory illness and breathing difficulties. Then, the doctor will ask you to get tested, if needed.
All the labs clearly underscore that the new Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) test can be performed only on the recommendation of a qualified physician.
Do note that the service is currently limited to a certain number of cities only. However, the labs have pledged to extend the service into other parts of the country soon.