Stuck inside your home and worried about your health and fitness? Don’t! Even within the enclosure of 4 walls, you could take care of your – physical, mental health and well-being. As cliche as it may sound, “you can if you think you can”!
With that spirit, let’s get to the best of the best healthcare apps available in India. To make things easier for you, we have curated the apps based on specific needs of yours.
Top 10 Health and Fitness Apps in India
1. Cure.fit Healthy Food, Fitness, Yoga, Meditation
Beginning with a one app fits all contender. This is a desi app that aims at a holistic betterment of your health.
Within Cure.fit, you get:
- Live and exclusive DIY workout & yoga sessions
- Professional trainers at your service remotely
- Real-time performance tracker
- Compare and compete with other users
- Healthy food delivery
- Guidance for meditation through videos, sleep stories, and more
2. Home Workout – No Equipment
Just as the name suggests, this is tailor-made for helping yourself out with your workout goals. You can train within the compounds of your home without any equipment. Sounds interesting? Have a look at what it offers –
- Warm-up and stretching routines
- Automatically record training progress
- Chart-based tracking of your weight trends
- Set your workout reminders
- Detailed video and animation guides
- Get a personal trainer
- Share your progress on social media
3. Daily Yoga
“Oh gosh, I noticed dramatic changes in my body after I started doing yoga,” — Jennifer Aniston
This is one of the critically acclaimed and highly popular apps out there. Even if you’re a beginner in the field of Yoga, this app claims to take you on a soul cycle. The repertoire includes 500+ asanas, 70+ yoga programs, 500+ guided yoga, pilates, meditation sessions plus apparently the largest yoga pose library.
Besides, you also get:
- Set and track your progress
- Guidance by 20 Yoga Gurus
- Engage and grow with the community of yogis
4. MyFitnessPal Calorie Counter
You eat, you gain calories. You do any activity, calories burn. Now, to manage your weight, you need to keep the calories you gain below what you burn. MyFitnessPal calorie counter should help you in doing so. Its database boasts 11+ million food items. If your favorite food is not in the repository, add it yourself using the built-in barcode scanner.
Furthermore, you can also:
- add recipes, your favorite restaurants, etc to their library.
- set and track your goals
- get food insights
- log your exercise and steps
- and lots more
As for alternatives, check out: Fooducate
5. Practo: Book Doctor Appointments & Consult Online
During the Covid-19 lockdown, if you need to consult a doctor online, Practo is your best shot. You can:
- Consult a doctor online 24×7
- Chat privately with specialists from different fields
- Access all your digital health records in one place
- Read, free and regular expert-written health tips & articles
- and more.
Other options include GOQii.
6. 1mg – Online Medical Store & Healthcare App
Just like the app above, this one also lets you consult with doctors online. But, its real USP is that it lets you buy medicines online. Before you buy, you can view information about the medicine. 1mg also offers regular health tips.
“Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It’s like the ultimate rest. It’s better than the best sleep you’ve ever had. It’s a quieting of the mind. It sharpens everything, especially your appreciation of your surroundings. It keeps life fresh.” — Hugh Jackman
Headspace is stitched to bestow a calm, mindful, relaxed and focussed lifestyle. It’s courses, guides and themes circumscribe various aspects of our daily lives like personal growth, stress, Work & productivity.
ALSO READ: Best ANC Headphones to Buy in India
8. Sleep Cycle
Sleep Cycle monitors your sleeping habits and things like the REM cycle so that you can improve your sleep. Having trouble with sleep? Try it out.
Under the free tier, you get to enjoy sleep analysis using their patented sound technology, or accelerometer. The app also generates detailed and daily sleep statistics in graph formats. It even attends to alarm melodies that are cherry-picked to offer a good morning.
Sleep as Android is a nice alternative.
Along with calming the mind, it’s a good habit to train it, polish it and make it sharper. You can do this in simple small games (more than 35 of them). Elevate vaunts to be a brain training program that’s crafted to improve your attention, speaking skills, processing speed, memory, math skills, and more. The program would be custom made for your requirements. You can keep a tab on your performance and progress.
A close competitor is – Luminosity
ALSO READ: Best TWS earphones to Buy in India
10. Women’s Health
While the apps listed above can be used by both men and women alike. The ones listed below are specially catering to women.
- Period Tracker Clue – Ovulation and Cycle Calendar
- Natural Cycles – Birth Control App
- Lose Weight in 30 Days
- More Android | iOS
You could always make use of the OEM options like Google Fit, Samsung Health, and Apple Health. Do tell us if we have missed out on any important app. We’ll be quick to update the list based on your recommendations. Stay healthy 🙂