Despite running Google Wear OS, Samsung Galaxy smartwatches record and display fitness data on Galaxy Wearable and Samsung Health applications rather than Google Fit. To fill the gap and enable automated syncing between Samsung Health and Google Fit apps, the company has developed Health Connect.
With the introduction of this new Health Connect, Samsung and Google are once again competing with Apple, which presently dominates the wristwatch industry. Establishing the setup between Google Fit and Samsung Health is simple. So, we have here created a step-by-step process to guide how auto-sync Galaxy Watch fitness data with Google Fit.
How to setup Galaxy Watch fitness data with Google Fit
In May 2022, Google released the Health Connect app, which also functions with Samsung Galaxy smartwatches and enables apps to get a comprehensive perspective of your health. Doing the setup is a two-step process and we have explained both.
Step 1: How to Set up Health Connect for Galaxy Watch
- First, download Health Connect from the Google Play Store on your Android. Click here to start.
- Now, open the Samsung Health app.
- Select Settings by tapping the three dots in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to find setting options grouped under “Connected apps and services.”
- Find and click on Health Connect at the top of the sub-action segment.
- Click on “App permissions.” By doing this, Health Connect will launch and a list of compatible mobile apps will be shown.
- To share all the data with other apps, click on “Samsung Health” and then enable “Allow All” or check the toggles next to each item like basal metabolic rate, blood glucose, blood pressure, weight, heart rate, etc.
ALSO READ: How to use Windows clipboard history tool?
Step 2: How to sync data between Samsung Health and Google Fit apps
- Download and configure the Google Fit app on your Android. Click here to install.
- You’ll notice a card that reads “Sync with Health Connect” at the top. Tap “Get Started” to begin the procedure.
- A new page will open. Click on the “Set up” option.
- It will take you to a page similar to the above process in step 7 showing different health parameters.
- Selective data selection is possible, or you can turn on the toggle next to “Allow all.”
- Click on “Allow” to enable Google Fit to get information from other fitness apps.