Are you someone who takes photos using the Instagram in-app camera because it works better than your device camera? Did you delete this photo before you could save it to your phone? Or did you accidentally delete the original photo and the only copy left is visible on your Instagram feed? In all these situations, getting photos from the Instagram app is pretty easy. Here are a few ways to download Instagram photos.
Using the Instagram Downloader Tool
Instagram has a downloader tool that lets users download all their data, including photos in a single process. Let us first look at Instagram’s official process of downloading your content before you explore other options that include bookmarking, screenshots, and 3rd party apps.
Note- Please make sure to remember to respect others’ photos. Just because you can download Instagram photos doesn’t mean you should if those clicks aren’t yours.
Here’s how you can use the simple Instagram tool to download all your data-
- Log into your Instagram account via the app or web browser and go to your profile.
- Click on the ‘Gear icon’ that is located towards the right of where it says ‘Edit Profile’ and select the ‘Privacy and Security Tab’.
- You will see a page that says Account Privacy on top. Scroll down to the bottom, and you’ll see a header that says ‘Data Download’ with a link below it that says ‘Request Download’. Click on the link.
- You will be asked to enter your email and password to confirm who you are and where you want the data to be sent. Once your identity is confirmed, it will be a matter of waiting only.
- Instagram will automatically package all your information and send you a download link through email. Instagram says that it might take up to 48 hours to get the link, but sometimes the link does come up within a few hours. The emailed download link will expire after 4 days, so make sure to use it before it expires.
ALSO READ: Instagram Profile Views Check: Here’s How you can check who viewed your Instagram Profile
ALSO READ: How to Turn on Quiet Mode on your Instagram Account
Using Bookmarking photos on Instagram
Bookmarking an image is a quick way to find the photo later, that too without downloading it. Moreover, you don’t have to store the image physically on your phone as Instagram stores it to your saved posts, just like Pinterest boards.
You can also organize your saved posts into folders using the save-to-collection option. Here are the steps to bookmark an image-
- Below the image, you want to save, tap the bookmark icon (it looks like a piece of ribbon) that is located beneath the lower right corner of the image.
- The photo is now saved and you will find them in your saved section of the Instagram app.
- To view, edit, delete, or organize your Instagram saves, go to your profile and tap on the Menu icon and go to ‘Saved’.
Screenshots on Instagram
Instagram stories are images displayed full screen and these images make for great wallpapers for your device. Some photographers, specifically share their pictures via stories for this purpose only. Here are the steps to take a clean screenshot of an IG Story that might help you-
When you view an Instagram story, it has details like the user’s name overlaid on it. Just tap and hold anywhere on the screen and these overlays will disappear away and the story will pause giving you time to take a clean screenshot.
With your finger holding the screen, take a screenshot. This may be tricky and need a few tries, but it should not be too hard.
Downloading Instagram photos using Photo Downloader
DownloadGram’s Photo Downloader will not need to download software to run, so downloading is easier and less risky. The tool can be used on desktop computers as well as mobile devices. Here are the steps on the web browser-
- Go to Instagram on the web.
- Find the picture you want to save. Click on the triple dot icon and click on Go to Post.
- Copy the photo’s URL from the web address bar in your browser.
- Go to DownloadGram’s Instagram Photo Downloader website.
- Key in the URL of the image into the box with the auto-generated Instagram link.
- Click on the Download Now button and then click on the Download button beneath your image to download the image to your device.
Steps on the Mobile device-
- Open the Instagram app and find the photo you want to download.
- Click on the triple dot icon and click Copy Link.
- Follow steps 4 to 6 from the web browser instructions and use a mobile browser to paste the link.
Using 3rd party apps for downloading Instagram photos
The Instagram app doesn’t allow users to download individual photos. However, there are many 3rd party apps that do the job. But the question is, are these apps safe to use? Some of these 3rd party apps may be perfectly safe, creating the app only to earn money by sending you annoying ads while you download photos. But there are many which make you log in and allow access to your account. These might not be that safe. So, make sure to check the 3rd party app you are using.