Earlier this month, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ (review). But, it seems the company hasn’t filled its dose of flagships for the year 2019. Galaxy Fold, which was lying low for reasons we all know, is finally gearing for its return. Samsung Online Mall in China has started accepting pre-registration, an indication towards an imminent launch.
Just last month, the South-Korean tech tycoon announced the Fold’s revival. As a quick recall, here’s the Galaxy Fold’s jerky ride so far –
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Fold in their Unpacked 2019 event
- The company is all set for April 26 sale and releases a durability test video online
- Fold’s India launch date is revealed
- Stating display issues, the Samsung Fold gets suddenly shelved
- Rumors begin of Galaxy Fold’s return
As you may know already, Samsung has apparently worked on the looks and construction fronts. It has even updated the Fold tutorial videos to match the new design treatment.
— SamMobile (@SamMobiles) August 23, 2019
Here are the so-claimed improvements on the new Galaxy Fold:
- The top protective layer of the Infinity Flex Display has been extended beyond the bezel, making it apparent that it is an integral part of the display structure and not meant to be removed.
- Galaxy Fold features additional reinforcements to better protect the device from external particles while maintaining its signature foldable experience:
- The top and bottom of the hinge area have been strengthened with newly added protection caps.
- Additional metal layers underneath the Infinity Flex Display have been included to reinforce the protection of the display.
- The space between the hinge and body of Galaxy Fold has been reduced.
- Besides the hardware tweaks, the tech titan claims to have made few UI and UX changes, including optimizing more apps and services.
Galaxy Fold is set to launch via certain markets in the coming month. So give or take, in a matter of days, we could expect the pre-order to start in India. To remind you, in the month of September, we will witness the debut of the new iPhone 11 series as well.