Qualcomm announced a very interesting upgrade to its Snapdragon 700 series, the Snapdragon 750G. The mid-range chipset promises a 10% improvement in GPU performance over Snapdragon 730G, is the cheapest Qualcomm chipset to support mmWave 5G, and employs Cortex-A77 cores in the performance cluster.
With Snapdragon 800 tier getting progressively expensive, the 700 series is becoming very prominent in capable mid-range devices. The Snapdragon 750G is similar to and pin-compatible with Cortex-A77 based Snapdragon 690 in many ways, but the 600 tier must have been more difficult to market.
Snapdragon 750G Features
- Snapdragon 750G is manufactured on Samsung’s 8nm LPP process node.
- Unlike the Snapdragon 768 or Snapdragon 765, there is no Prime Cortex-A77 core here and the SoC maintains (2+6) DynamIQ configuration. However, Cortex-A77 brings in a 25% improvement over Cortex-A76 used in Snapdragon 765/768 and this should really close the CPU performance between the three chipsets.
- The 6 Cortex-A55 cores are clocked at 1.8GHz, similar to Snapdragon 768, Snapdragon 765, and even Snapdragon 730G.
- CPU and GPU cores in combination with Hexagon 694 DSP and tensor accelerator can deliver 4 TOPS for AI.
- The camera ISP, LPDDR4x memory support, encode-decode pipeline are all similar to what we have on Snapdragon 765G/ Snapdragon 768G
- Snapdragon 750G can support up to 192MP single sensor, and up to 48MP camera with Multi-frame noise reduction. Slow-motion recording caps at 720p@240Hz
- The Adreno 619 GPU promises 10% improvements over Adreno 618 in Snapdragon 730G.
- Snapdragon 750G has an integrated X52 modem that supports 5G mmWave. This isn’t very relevant to India but should make a difference in markets like the USA.
- Snapdragon 750G supports Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0+ (no QC 5.0), NavIC, Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1.
- Snapdragon 750G supports Full HD+ resolution displays at up to 120Hz refresh rate and QHD+ at 60Hz
Best Snapdragon 750G Phones
1. Moto G 5G
Moto G 5G (review) marks the first 5G offering from the company’s popular budget G series. It helms Snapdragon 750G chip coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. A 5000mAh battery keeps the phone ticking. It is bolstered by a 20W turbocharger.
Moto G 5G flaunts a 6.7in FHD+ LTPS screen. The front camera is a 16MP sensor. Meanwhile, the back holds a triplet comprising a 48MP snapper, an 8MP ultrawide lens, and a 2MP sensor.
2. OnePlus Nord CE 5G
OnePlus Nord CE 5G is powered by Snapdragon 750G chipset and has 6GB, 8GB, and 12GB RAM options. It is available in 128GB and 256GB storage options and storage can be expanded up to 1TB. The smartphone sports a 6.43-inch AMOLED display, 90Hz refresh rate, and a 4500mAh battery with 30W fast charging.
The smartphone has a 64MP main camera setup and a 16MP selfie camera at the front. It is thin and weighs just about 170 grams. OnePlus Nord CE 5G caters to the lower end of the smartphone market. CE stands for Core Edition in the name of the phone. It comes in 2 colors- Charcoal Ink and Blue Void. Price starts at Rs. 22,999 onwards.
3. Xiaomi Mi 10i
Upfront, the phone sports a 6.67” LCD panel with a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate. Within its central punch hole lies a 16MP shooter. As for the back, you get a 108MP main sensor, accompanied by an 8MP ultrawide, a 2MP macro, and a 2MP depth lens.
4. Realme Q3
Realme Q3 was launched in April 2021 and is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G chipset. It has 6GB RAM and sports a 6.50-inch touchscreen. Q3 runs Android 11 and packs a 5000mAh battery with proprietary fast charging.
It has a triple camera setup on the rear with a 48MP main sensor and a 16MP front camera for selfies. It is 8.80mm thick and weighs 189 grams. It comes in Sci-Fi Black and Pschydelic Silver colors.
5. Samsung Galaxy M42
Galaxy M42 was the first 5G phone from Samsung in India. And just as all mid-range 5G phones from the brand in 2021, this one is also powered by Snapdragon 750G. The SoC is assisted by up to 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and up to 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage.
The Galaxy M42 is slim and light and follows Samsung’s standard design language for this year. It includes a 5000mAh battery, a 48MP primary camera, and runs the latest Android 11-based OneUI 3.0 software. One major downside is that the resolution for the AMOLED display is capped at 720p HD, and that’s a bit tough to swallow in 2021.
6. Xiaomi Mi 10i
Xiaomi Mi 10i is a relatively affordable smartphone that is powered by Snapdragon 750G SoC. It has 5G connectivity, an IP53 rating, and a 108MP main camera sensor. The processor is coupled with up to 8GB RAM and up to 128GB storage.
The phone doesn’t face major heating issues and works well for everyday tasks. It has a 4820mAh battery and proprietary fast charging. It weighs 214 grams and comes in Pacific Sunrise and Midnight Black colors. Pricing starts at Rs. 21,999.
7. Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G has similar specifications as the Galaxy A52 4G LTE version, save for the chipset. The 5G variant replaces Snapdragon 720G with Snapdragon 750G.
Other hardware remains the same. The list of features to look forward to including a slick, distinguishing design, 120Hz AMOLED display, IP67 dust and water resistance rating, Android 11-based software with the assurance of future updates, and a 4500mAh battery.
8. Samsung Galaxy A42
Samsung Galaxy A42 is the brand’s most affordable 5G phone. This is thanks to the Snapdragon 750G chipset inside. It comes with up to 8 gigs of RAM and 128GB of storage. Internally, there is also a 5000mAh battery that supports 15W charging.
Rest, the phone has got a 6.6 inch FHD+ AMOLED display, a 20MP selfie snapper, a 48MP quad rear camera setup, a 3.5mm jack, and an under-display fingerprint scanner.
Snapdragon 750G Specs
|Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G
|CPU and CPU
|2 x Cortex-A77 @2.2GHz (Kryo 570) + 6x Cortex-A55 @1.8GHz
|Full HD+ – Up to 120Hz
QHD+ – Up to 60Hz
|LPDDR4x ( 2 x 16 Bit) @2133MHz
|AI Throughput (CPU + GPU + DSP + Tensor)
Up to 192MP single camera
Up to 48MP single camera with Multi-frame noise reduction
Slow motion: 720p@240fps
|Snapdragon X52 Modem-RF System Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), mmWave (2X2 MIMO), sub-6 GHz ( 4x 4 MIMO)
|FastConnect 6200 Subsystem (Wi-Fi 6 and BT 5.1)
|10-bit HDR2160p30, 1080p120H.264 & H.265, VP8, VP9
|Qualcomm QuickCharge 4+