Finnish company – HMD Global launched its latest flagship Nokia 8 Sirocco in India at a media event today. The new Sirocco phone boasts of top-notch innards, an extremely gorgeous design, wireless charging, runs on stock-Android and aims to challenge the likes of Huawei and OnePlus.

Also Read: Google Could Launch A Mid-Range Pixel Phone For India: Reports

Nokia 8 Sirocco Features

One of the most tempting Nokia 8 Sirocco features is its all new glass and stainless steel aesthetics. The company says 95 percent of the Nokia 8 Sirocco exterior is made of glass while the remaining 5 percent includes stainless steel frame which is claimed to be 2.5 percent stronger than the more commonly used aluminum 6000 series metal. Nokia has slapped a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on both sides of the phone to protect it from scratches and dents.

The Nokia 8 Sirocco features a curved 5.5-inch pOLED display that has a running resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. the edge-to-edge pOLED has an aspect ratio of 18:9 which off-late has become industry standard, well sort of.

Also Read: OnePlus 6 Avengers Infinity War Edition could launch soon as well

HMD Global hasn’t really upgraded the chipset as the Nokia 8 Sirocco packs a Snapdragon 835 chipset which was also employed in its original Nokia 8. The new Sirocco phone comes with 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GG of UFS 2.1 internal storage.

On optics front, the Nokia 8 Sirocco comes with a dual rear camera setup from ZEISS. The setup includes a 12MP primary sensor along with 13MP secondary telephoto sensor with apertures of f/1.75 and f/2.6 respectively. Apart from portrait mode, this setup also helps in capturing images with 2X optical zoom. For selfies, the Nokia 8 Sirocco comes with a ZEISS labeled 5-megapixel selfie camera.

The Nokia 8 comes running on stock Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. The phone packs a 3,260mAh battery which supports fast charging and wireless charging. The connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, LTE Cat 12, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB-Type C port for charging and data transfer. Like iPhone X and Google Pixel 2, the Nokia 8 Sirocco lacks a headphone jack.

Nokia 8 Sirocco Price in India and Availability

Nokia 8 Sirocco costs Rs. 49,999 and will be available on Flipkart, Nokia Mobile shop and Select mobile outlets from 30 April onwards. You can pre-book the device from April 20 and it will be available on sale in Balck Color option. There is a Special Cashback offers on every purchase of Nokia 8 Sirocco as well.

Nokia 8 Sirocco Specifications

Model Nokia 8 Sirocco
Display 5.5-Inch, QHD, OLED
Processor octa-core Snapdragon 835
RAM 6GB
Internal Storage 128GB, expandable up to 256GB
Software Android 8.1 Oreo (Android One)
Rear Camera 13MP+ 12MP
Selfie Camera 5MP
Battery 3260mAh battery
Others 4G VoLTE support, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, OTG, GPS, Fingerprint sensor
Nokia 8 Sirocco price

7 Smartphones Expected to Launch In April 2018 In India

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here