Telegram, the instant messaging app, has introduced a new feature allowing users to create new accounts without a SIM card. The company has also revealed other new features including the automatic deletion of all chats, the creation of temporary QR codes, Topics 2.0, and emoji search.
Users will be able to sign up for Telegram, create accounts, and access them without a SIM card thanks to the newly improved version of the app. However, this new feature can be activated using an anonymous number purchased from the blockchain-based Fragment platform. For the unversed, Fragment is a decentralized platform founded by Pavel Durov, the owner of Telegram.
We have created a quick guide to let you show the process for purchasing an anonymous number from Fragment and the ways to create a Telegram account.
ALSO READ: Twitter blue relaunched: Price, availability, benefits, and other details
How to buy usernames and anonymous numbers on Fragment for Telegram
- Go to the official Fragment website.
- Select an anonymous number or search.
- Place a bid for any of the anonymous numbers starting at 9 TON* (~$19).
- OTP verification will be required.
- Complete the purchase and head to be below steps to get started with Telegram.
*Note: TON (The Open Network) is an official token of Telegram through which Fragment receives payment.
ALSO READ: How to disable Hot Apps and Hot Games in Realme Phones?
How to sign up Telegram account without a mobile number
- Download the latest version of the Telegram App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Open the app and hit the ‘Get Started’ button.
- Provide the anonymous number purchased from Fragment.
- It will send an OTP on the Fragment platform. Provide the OTP and validate the process.
- You are done! Your new Telegram account without a SIM card will be started.