Aadhaar Card is one of the most important documents for getting seamless internet services these days. One can open digital bank accounts, Demat accounts, and more quickly if your Aadhaar card is updated with your active phone number. Also, your KYC can be done easily if your phone number is linked to your Aadhaar Card. You can link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card without visiting Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Here is the guide to link your Aadhaar Card with your Phone Number Online.
Steps to link Aadhaar Card to Mobile Number Online
- Go to the Indian Postal Service Website.
- Enter the required details like your name, address, mobile number, email address, and more.
- Select “PPB Aadhaar Service” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “UIDAI-Mobile/Email to Aadhaar Linking/update” and fill in all the necessary details.
- After you have filled it all, click on “Request OTP”.
- Enter the OTP you have received on your mobile number.
- Click on “Confirm Service Request”.
- You will get a Reference Number that you can use to check the status of your application. The request will be transferred to your nearest post office and an officer will be assigned to link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card. The assigned officer will come to your address for verification and collect your biometric details.
The only document one needs is a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card. You will be charged Rs. 50 for the service.
Steps to confirm if your Aadhaar card is linked to your phone number
- Visit the official UIDAI website.
- Go to the MyAadhaar section on the website. It is in the top left corner.
- Click on Verify my email/mobile number option. It will be available under the Aadhaar services section.
- Key in your personal details like card number, mobile number, captcha, and more.
- The website will display if your Aadhaar is linked to the mobile number.
- If the answer is yes, the website will show the text- “the mobile you have entered has already been verified with our records.”