Aadhaar is an essential document for every Indian. It’s has a unique universal number which is binned with your identity. This Aadhaar number can be used to authenticate your idenity in order to take benefits of government services. So, it becomes crucial to keep your Aadhaar updated with the latest data and information at all times.
Even though all of the information on the Aadhaar card should be accurate, there are times when a change in your address, correct misspellings in your address, or update your mobile number. Also when the child turns 15, it is mandatory to update the Aadhaar with the latest information.
Conveniently, UIDAI allows AADHAAR holders to change, update or correct the address listed on their Aadhaar cards through the official website without worrying about visiting any centre. We have here created a quick guide to show you how to update the address on your Aadhaar card online on your own.
How to change the address on the Aadhaar card
- Visit the UIDAI’s official website at https://uidai.gov.in
- Scroll down to find and click on the “Update Aadhaar” option.
- Tap “Update Address in your Aadhaar” to get redirected to the login page.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number and captcha. Hit on Send OTP.
- Verify with the OTP received to the linked mobile number and click on Login.
- It will open the Aadhaar Card Address Change Dashboard on the UIDAI website. Select “Update Aadhaar Online” from the menu.
- Choose “Address” from the list of “Aadhaar data filed to update” options.
- Click on Proceed to Update Aadhaar.
- Make sure that every detail you enter on the preview is accurate in both English and your native tongue. Hit the “Submit” button.
- You will be redirected to the payment portal to pay the Rs 50 fee for the request. You can pay by UPI, net banking, or the available payment methods.
- You will receive an updated request number (URN) after the payment is successful.
- The URN number can be used to track the progress of an online address update. It is advised to download and save the payment acknowledgement copy as well for any future reference.
NOTE: To update the address on your Aadhaar, a cardholder must supply documentation as proof of your new address.
An Aadhaar cardholder must visit a Permanent Enrolment Center to update demographic information like name, DoB, gender, mobile number, and email which needs biometrics including fingerprints, iris, and photographs of the individual.