Apple just unveiled a bunch of products through a seamless virtual event shot at Apple Park, Cupertino. The company chief Tim Cook kicked off the “Time Flies” event with a pre-recorded greeting, followed by the reveal of Apple Watch Series 6.
The new releases also include Apple Watch SE, iPad Air 4, the 8th gen iPad, Fitness+, and Apple One subscription bundle program.
Here’s a quick rundown of the entire repertoire, as well as their respective price and availability details:
Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple Watch Series 6 runs on WatchOS 7 and supports VO2 Max Level tracking
- It comes in a Blue Aluminum case, updated Classic Gold stainless steel, Silver Graphite stainless steel, and Product Red variants.
- There is a sensor that emits red light through the base of the watch. This scans for Blood’s color and then advanced algorithms assess the Oxygen levels in your blood. It manually measures every 15 seconds and the app readies periodic background readings, even when you’re sleeping. Blood Oxygen levels are used in health research studies including COVID, Heart Failure, and Asthma.
- Apple Watch Series 6 bears 6th gen S6 system-in-package which is 20% faster than the previous gen.
- It is a 2.5x brighter outdoor and sports Always-on display. Speaking of outdoors, it even has a built-in altimeter to measure altitude.
- The Series 6 also flaunts Tachymeter, MeMoji, Family Setup (to keep a tab on your dear ones), and several new watch-faces and watch bands (incl the Solo Loop).
Apple Watch SE
- As rumored, there is an all-new relatively affordable Apple Watch SE.
- It comes with a 44mm display, previous-gen S5 chip, accelerometer, gyroscope, altimeter, and fall detection.
- There are both cellular and non-cellular models. Off these, the cellular edition features Family Setup as well.
Apple iPad Air 4
- The iPad Air 4 takes on a revamped design with slender bezels. You can grab it in 5 colors incl. Sky Blue, Green, and Rose Gold.
- Up front, you’ve got a 10.9″ 2360×1640 True Tone Liquid Retina Display with P3 color gamut and anti-reflective coating.
- The top screen-on button doubles as a touch-ID reader. You can use it to authenticate Apple Pay and log in to apps.
- Now, the killer highlight has to be the brand new 5nm based A14 Bionic chipset, one which will be inside the upcoming iPhone 12 series of phones. It is apparently 14% faster than the previous-gen iPad Air.
- Rest, it’s also equipped with a neural engine, 10 hours of claimed battery life, USB-C socket, Apple Pencil, support for Magic Keyboard, 7MP front camera for Facetime (1080p at 60fps, Smart HDR), 12MP rear shooter (4K at 60fps, 240fps slow-mo, with better stabilization), WiFi 6, and iPad OS.
Apple iPad 8
- The 8th gen iPad is running on A12 Bionic and Apple claims it will be 40% faster and CPU and 2x faster graphics over the previous gen.
- It comes with a neural engine, multi keyboard support, Apple Pencil, iPad OS 14, among other things.
ALSO READ: ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 17 G732LXS Review
- Going for the obvious next step, Apple revealed the Fitness+ service.
- Needless to say, it is powered by Apple Watch data. The metrics will be displayed on whichever Apple screen you’re on.
- The service brings a library of workout and fitness guide videos as well as a dedicated trainer team at your service.
- The on-screen ring motivates you to keep going with real-time progress stats. Post the workout, you’ll get a summary.
- You’ll get typical workout types such as Yoga, Cycling, Dance, Treadmill Run/ Walk, Rowing, Mindful Cooldowns, and more.
- You can share this service with 5 family members.
- Apple is clubbing all its services (incl Fitness+, iCloud, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple News+, and Apple Arcade) under one umbrella called Apple One.
Apple Event 2020 Highlights in Hindi
Price and Availability
- Apple Watch Series 6 GPS variant starts at Rs. 40,900 and GPS+ Cellular at Rs. 49,900 in India.
- Apple Watch SE GPS model will be available at Rs. 29,900 and the Cellular model at Rs. 33,900 in India. The former is available starting while the Watch SE will be up for grabs from this Friday. Meanwhile, Series 3 is still out there starting at $199.
- Apple Fitness+ comes at $9.99/month or $79.99/year. It will be kick off in markets like Australia, Canada, Ireland, NZ, the US, and the UK before the end of the year. Apple offers 3 months subscription free with a new Apple Watch purchase. You may note that the Fitness+ won’t be coming to India at launch.
- Apple One comes in 3 plans viz. Individual (Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, 50GB of iCloud) at Rs. 195; Family (this is Individual subscription group but with 200GB of iCloud) at Rs. 365; Premier (Individual subscription bundle plus Apple News+, Fitness+ and 2TB of iCloud) at $29.95 per month (not available in India).
- iPad 8 is priced at $329 (Rs. 29,900 in India) for general and $299 for students. It will be available starting this Friday.
- iPad Air 4 WiFi model starts at Rs. 54,900, while the WiFi plus Cellular model will start at Rs. 66,900. It will be available next month.
- Indian Availability and pricing details for some products and services are still not here. If and when the company discloses, we will update them here.