Due to the sudden turn of events, brands across the board have had to postpone or recede their launch events. Several smartphone brands share the same predicament, one of them being Xiaomi. The brand’s Mi 10 India launch has been indefinitely deferred. Nonetheless, we are sure many of you are awaiting its forthcoming arrival post the lockdown.
Needless to say, it would be entering a high-competitive market that includes options like the OnePlus 8 and iQOO 3. All three phones are similarly specced and will give tough competition to each other. But, that doesn’t mean your buying decision has to be a hard one.
Lemme ease your evaluation process.
Xiaomi Mi 10 vs OnePlus 8 vs iQOO 3 Specs
|Model||Xiaomi Mi 10||OnePlus 8||Vivo iQOO 3|
|Dimension & Weight||162.5 x 74.8 x 9 mm; 208g||160.2 x 72.9 x 8 mm; 180g||158.5 x 74.9 x 9.2 mm; 214.5g|
|Display||6.67-inch, AMOLED, 1080 x 2340 pixels, ~386 PPI density, HDR10+, 90Hz refresh rate, Gorilla Glass 5, 1120nit max. brightness||6.55-inch, AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 pixels, ~402 PPI density, HDR10+, 90Hz refresh rate, Gorilla Glass 5, 1100nit max. brightness||6.44-inch. AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 pixels, ~409 PPI density, HDR10+, 60Hz refresh rate, Gorilla Glass 6, 1,200nit max. brightness|
|Front Camera||20MP, 1080p@30fps||16MP, 1080p@30fps||16MP, 1080p@30fps|
|Rear Camera||108MP+13MP ultrawide+2MP macro+ 2MP depth unit; up to 8K@30fps||48MP+16MP ultrawide+2MP macro, up to 2160@60fps||48MP+13MP 2x optical zoom telephoto+13MP ultrawide+2MP depth; up to 2160@60fps|
|Processor||Snapdragon 865 with X55 5G modem||Snapdragon 865 with X55 5G modem|| |
Snapdragon 865 with X55 5G modem
|Software||Android 10 with MIUI||Android 10 with OxygenOS||Android 10 with iQOO UI|
|Battery||4780mAh with 30W wired, 30W wireless, 5W Reverse Wireless Charging, Power Delivery 3||4300mAh with 30W wired||4400mAh with 55W wired|
|Misc.||Under-display fingerprint scanner, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, aptX codec, stereo speakers, NFC, USB-C, IR blaster|| |
Under-display fingerprint scanner, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, aptX codec, stereo speakers, NFC, USB-C
Under-display fingerprint scanner, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, aptX codec, single bottom-firing speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC, USB-C
|Memory||8+128GB: CNY 3,999 (~ Rs. 40,857)|
8+256GB: CNY 4299 (~ Rs. 43,928)
12+256GB: CNY 4,699 (~ Rs. 48,009)
|6+128GB: Rs. 41,999|
8+128GB: Rs. 44,999
12+256GB: Rs. 49,999
|8+128GB: Rs. 34,990|
8+256GB: Rs. 37,990
12+256GB: Rs. 44,990
Now, I’ll point down the key takeaways, ie., the points that you should note before buying either of the three.
ALSO READ: iPhone SE vs OnePlus 8 Comparison
Design and Display
- Among the three, if you want the lightest phone, pick OnePlus 8.
- Although iQOO 3 has got an amazing display, the 60Hz refresh rate is a letdown when compared against the other two and for that matter, almost any high-end handset.
- Off the three, the OnePlus 8 is presumed to have better ingress protection. Although only select models of the phone have acquired an official IP68 certification, it believed that OnePlus must have skipped the same for cost-saving.
- Between the three, the Mi 10 has the extravagant camera system including a 108MP sensor and 8K video recording support.
- However, the other two are also generously featured for your everyday photo and video requirements. Both OnePlus 8 and iQOO 3 rear stack is headed by a 48MP sensor. If you must have a telephoto shooter, the iQOO 3 might be worth considering, thanks to its dedicated 2x optical lens.
- If you’re a fan of selfies, the OnePlus 8 would be a better bet. It is said to deliver sharper output with pretty close to natural colors, shallower depth of field, and details.
Audio, Battery & Connectivity
- iQOO 3 deserves an applause for the inclusion of a 3.5mm jack. The other two doesn’t. But at the same time, it has only got one bottom-firing speaker whilst the other two flaunt dual-stereo speakers.
- You get a slightly bigger battery on Mi 10. It is also impressive on the charging front. The 30W wired charging, 30W wireless charging, and 5W reverse wireless charging should pretty much cover you.
- The iQOO 3 has the fastest charger of the lot which tops at a speed of 55W. OnePlus 8’s 30W wired charging is also respectable.
- Mi 10 bags IR blaster. So, if controlling home appliances using your phone is your thing, there you go.
- Rest, they all cover all bases, when it comes to telephony and other means of connectivity.
ALSO READ: 6 OnePlus 8 alternatives to buy in 2020
Available variants and Pricing
As aforementioned, Mi 10 is yet to land in India. That leaves us with OnePlus 8 and iQOO 3. The latter recently got a major price slash, which makes it an interesting deal. You could thus grab its 8+128GB model at Rs. 34,990, which is about Rs. 10,000 less than the same memory variant in other brands.
Having said that and all things considered, the final decision comes down to your preference. Whatever sails your boat!