If you own a Samsung Galaxy M10, Galaxy M20 or a Galaxy M30, your phone would soon receive Android 9.0 Pie update. The new update would bring a slew of features, important improvements, and security patches. All of these could enhance the overall phone performance and user experience. The rollout would begin from June 3, 2019.
As expected, OneUI won’t be coming to M-series. That’s because the Experience UI on these phones has been optimized for best performance on particular hardware, and it already has visual and other elements from One UI.
With the new update, you would get the refined Experience UI version 10. Here’s what expected out of the new Experience (Pie) edition:
Experience 10 System UI changes
- The update would introduce the AMOLED dark theme called Night theme. This could be customized for time-based automatic mode.
- Within the settings and various other interfaces, you could get a new card style UI with curved edges.
- The quick settings pull-down animation, as well as the aesthetics, would be revamped. Samsung would skip the unnecessary opening of settings while connecting WiFi and the likes. The buttons would be rounded with polished hues.
- The lock screen clock would move to the center and quick app shortcuts would ditch the icons for the color of the icons.
- Needless to say, the recent panel gets the Pie-style horizontally stacked and moving UI.
- You might enjoy the new slew of gestures and motions menu within the settings. You could tinker around and navigate with simple gestures.
- Many of the native apps such as Dialer, Messages, Bixby, My Files, Gallery, Internet browser and Camera app would get a material redesign and nifty features in them.
Hope the new update makes the Samsung Experience look rad with no blow on the performance.
Samsung Galaxy M20 Review [Video]