Redmi’s big event starring the Note 8-series was followed by the RedmiBook 14 2019 edition and the Redmi TV. The latter is a new venture from the Xiaomi fork as its parent’s Mi TVs are already out in the market. As for the laptop, it has an enhanced 2019-ish spec-sheet.
So without much fluff, let’s get into their respective specs and features.
Redmi TV features and pricing
This is a 70-inch 4K smart TV that features a nearly bezel-less display and svelte body. Redmi touts the TV as 60% bigger than a 55-inch television and has HDR support. The audio is backed by Dolby and DTS sound optimizations.
Redmi also underlines a faster boot time (around 2s to be precise) as compared to the competition. Like its other portfolio, the TV also gets a custom skin which has a native dark mode.
Coming to the smart side of things, the list of utilities includes –
- Screen mirroring of your phone by scanning QR code.
- You get to connect external storage devices and play presentations and spreadsheets, read documents, etcetera out of the box. Speaking of which, you get WPS Office suite pre-installed.
- It would act as a part of a larger smart ecosystem, wherein you could control other smart devices.
RedmiBook 14 2019: What’s new?
The top-end RedmiBook 14 2019 runs on a 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, coupled with 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. You get graphics rendered by Nvidia GeForce MX250 GPU. It runs on Windows 10 Home.
There are two other models powered by i5 processor roomed with 8GB of RAM and 256 or 512GB of SSD storage. The GPU remains the same. Redmi vaunts a zero to 50 percent charge in a mere 34 minutes, in light of the quick charging support.
As the name goes, these sports 14-inch Full HD IPS LCD display with an 81.2% screen-to-body ratio. They come in a sleek form factor flaunting multiple colors.
The chassis is home to the usual ports like HDMI, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and a 3.5mm audio jack along with Smart Unlock 2.0 feature. The RedmiBook 14 packs a full-sized backlit keyboard. All these come packaged in a light-weight body weighing about 1.5kgs in size.
Pricing, availability and other products
- The Redmi 70-inch smart TV is priced at 3799 Yuan (or Rs. 38,000).
- The RedmiBook 14 2019 with i5 processor and 256GB storage retails at 3999 yuan (roughly around Rs 40,000). Its bigger 512GB variant will cost 4499 yuan (or around Rs 45,000).
- The high-end RedmiBook 14 2019 with i7 processor maxes at 4,999 yuan (which roughly translates to Rs. 50,000).
- Lastly, the brand announced a Redmi 20000 mAh power bank costing 99 Yuan (or Rs. 1000).
Closing the event, Redmi also teased the arrival of its 5G device in 2020.