Today, we’ve got a bunch of new arrivals from the Redmi lineup. This includes two phones called Redmi 10X and 10X Pro, laptops named RedmiBook Ruilong, and smart TVs titled Redmi Smart TV X.
Redmi 10X and 10X Pro happen to be the first phone running on MIUI 12 and MediaTek Dimensity chip. It is from the brand’s budget stack placed in between the Redmi Note and K series. Next up, we have the RedmiBooks that are driven by AMD’s Ryzen 4000 series. And lastly the smart TVs, which are named Redmi X50, Redmi X55, and Redmi X65 corresponding to their respective sizes viz. 50-inch, 55-inch, and 65-inch.
Let’s have a deeper dive into each of their specs and features. But, before that, here’s the price and availability details.
Price & Availability
- Redmi 10X (4G) 4GB+64GB edition is priced at RMB 999 (~Rs 10,590)
- Redmi 10X (4G) 4GB+128GB edition is priced at RMB 1,199 (~Rs 12710)
- Redmi 10X (5G) 6GB+64GB model is priced at RMB 1,599 (~Rs 17,000)
- Redmi 10X (5G) 6GB+128GB variant is priced at RMB 1,799 (~Rs 19,000)
- Redmi 10X (5G) 8GB+128GB edition is priced at RMB 2,099 (~Rs 21,000)
- Redmi 10X (5G) 8GB+256GB model is priced at RMB 2,399 (~Rs 25,000)
- Redmi 10X Pro 8GB+128GB variant is priced at RMB 2,299 (~Rs 24,000)
- Redmi 10X Pro 8GB+256GB edition is priced at RMB 2,599 (~Rs 27,000)
- RedmiBook 16 model is priced at RMB 3,799 (~Rs 42,420)
- RedmiBook 14 variant is priced at RMB 3,699 (~Rs 39,240)
- RedmiBook 13 edition is priced at RMB 3,799 (~Rs 40,300)
- Redmi Smart TV X (X50) model is priced at RMB 1,999 (~Rs 21,200)
- Redmi Smart TV X (X55) model is priced at RMB 2,299 (~Rs 24,400)
- Redmi Smart TV X (X65) model is priced at RMB 3,299 (~Rs 35,000)
Redmi 10X & 10X Pro highlights
Both Redmi 10X & the Redmi 10X Pro runs on a MediaTek Dimensity 820 SoC. It’s a dual-mode 5G capable device. But the 10X will be available in 4G versions too. You could pick the devices up to 8GB RAM plus 256GB storage. They will hit the stores in gold, purple, blue, and white colors.
Beyond that, they share the same set of specs.
On the camera front, you get a 16MP selfie snapper on the 10X while the Pro houses a 20MP sensor. These are lying within a waterdrop notch on 6.57-inch Full HD+ (2,400×1,080p) AMOLED display. By the back, you have got a 48MP triplet on both. The ancillary sensors are better on the Pro model – an 8MP 119-degree wide-angle lens, 8MP 30X telephoto zoom lens, and a 5MP macro lens. The 10X, on the other hand, contends with an 8MP wide-angle sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor.
Both the phones bear a 4,520mAh battery. The difference is with respect to charger speeds, ie., 22.5W fast charging on Redmi 10X and 33W on the Pro.
Then there are things like MIUI 12, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC (only in Pro model), 3.5mm headphone jack, and USB Type-C socket.
ALSO READ: How to disable ads in MIUI 12
Redmi 10X 4G: How’s it different?
This one is propelled by MediaTek Helio G85 chipset along with 4gigs of RAM and 64/128GB storage. Upfront, it flaunts a 6.53-inch LCD screen with a punch hole. It has a slightly bigger battery of 5,020mAh which supports 18W fast charging.
The rest of the things remain the same.
The new RedmiBook series will be available in three trims viz. 13-inch, 14-inch, and 16.1-inch. The display supports 100% sRGB high color gamut. Thanks to “ultra-narrow” bezels on three sides, the display offers a 90% screen to body ratio on 16″ & 14″ models. Meanwhile the 13″ variant exhibits an 89% ratio.
The high-end model (16″) bags an eight-core AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor, which maxes at 4.1GHz frequency. This is paired with 16GB of DDR4 RAM (2666 MHz )and 512GB PM881 Samsung SATA SSD storage. The rest of the two models are running on a six-core AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor, clocked at 3.9GHz tops.
On the graphics front, Radeon RX Vega Graphics Card plays the part. You get to pick performance modes betwixt ‘Full Speed’, ‘Balanced’, and ‘Quiet’. To access this option, just tap Function (Fn) + K key combo. They are aimed at gaming, office work, and normal tasks respectively. If you choose the ‘Full Speed’ mode, Redmi claims improved performance by 34.5%.
On the keypad, you’ll also find a smart sensor key that lets you unlock the laptop using Mi Band in a mere 1.2 seconds.
The laptops are accompanied by a 65W USB-C fast charger, something which is seen with the Realme X50 Pro phone. So, you should be able to multi-use the adapter. The advertised life outta the 46Whr battery is 12 hours.
You get Windows 10 on all the three RedmiBooks.
ALSO READ: Redmi Earbuds S launched in India at Rs 1799
Redmi Smart TV X highlights
As aforementioned, the Redmi Smart TV X comes in three sizes – 50-inch, 55-inch, and 65-inch. All three televisions:
- Have slim metal bezels and offer a 97% screen to body ratio
- 4K UHD displays with MEMC (Motion Estimation Motion Compensation)
- 60Hz refresh rate with an intelligent compensation algorithm
- An 85% coverage of the NTSC wide color gamut
Besides visuals, the audio part is handled by
- Four 12.5W super high-power speakers with an 8-unit subwoofer setup
- Backed by Dolby Audio & DTS-HD
The internals specs comprise of 2GB RAM + 32GB onboard storage. Being Smart TVs, they feature AIoT smart connectivity with 2000+ devices. They also boast far-field microphones for voice control.