Snapdragon 732G is an upgrade to the SD730G and offers improved CPU and GPU performance. The G moniker in the name refers to the support for the ‘Snapdragon Elite Gaming suite’. This octa-core chipset doesn’t have 5G support but still remains popular among affordable phones in 2021.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Features
- The Snapdragon 732G octa-core chipset includes 2 Kryo 470 prime performance cores and six Kryo 470 Silver efficiency cores.
- The SD 732G ticks at up to 2.3 GHz which is faster than the Snapdragon 730.
- The octa-core processor is fabricated on Samsung’s 8nm process node.
- The SD732G variant offers up to 15 percent improved graphics performance thanks to Adreno 618 GPU.
- Further, we have Hexagon 688 as the AIE DSP along with AI processing capable up to 3.6TOPS.
- It supports carrier aggregation for downlink and uplink both.
- Camera capabilities see a noticeable improvement. Snapdragon 732G has Spectra 350 ISP that supports up to 1 x 192MP or 36MP with Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) or 2x 22MP with ZSL. It can record 4K UHD videos @ 60fps.
- The Snapdragon 732G is Wi-Fi 6 ready and supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- No NavIC support for the SD 732G.
List of phones with Snapdragon 732G SoC in India
1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 series
Xiaomi for its best-selling Redmi Note series adopted the Snapdragon 732G chipset. All three phones i.e. – the Redmi Note 10, Note 10 Pro, and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max comes with Snapdragon 732G which is clearly an upgrade over Snapdragon 720. Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 series gets up to 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM and up to 128GB UFS 2.2 storage.
The entire Redmi Note 10 series has AMOLED displays. The upper two variants include 120Hz refresh rate with HDR10 support and use Gorilla Glass 5 for protection. What sets them apart are cameras. The Note 10 Pro Max is equipped with a 108MP led quad rear setup while the Pro variant flaunts a 64MP led quad setup at the back. The Redmi Note 10 gets 48MP based quad-camera setup at the rear end.
- Redmi Note 10 Pro Max price in India and specs
- Redmi Note 10 Pro price in India and specs
- Redmi Note 10 price in India and specs
2. Poco X3
The Poco X3 (review) was first Snapdragon 732G phone in India. The Poco X2 successor get an upgraded CPU and GPU as its predecessor was driven by Snapdragon 730G.The Poco X3 includes a 6.67-inch IPS screen with 120Hz refresh rate. The phone has 48MP quad-setup at the back and 20MP selfie camera at the front.
3. Moto G60 and Moto G40 Fusion
Moto G60 andMoto G40 Fusion are similar phones powered by Snapdragon 732g octa-core chipset. The G60 includes a 108MP primary camera and the G40 Fusion gets a 64MP main snapper.
Other common highlights include 6000mAh battery with 20W charging, clean Android 11 software, and 120Hz IPS LCD display.
Best Snapdragon 732G phones in India
Snapdragon 732G will eventually be replaced by 5G chipsets. For now, it continues to be a popular choice for performance and gaming oriented affordable phones. We don’t expect brands like Oppo, Vivo and Realme to adopt this SoC in its affordable phones moving forward.