Qualcomm Snapdragon processors are ruling the Android industry all over the globe. Whether it is a budget smartphone or a flagship smartphone, Snapdragon processors have made their impact everywhere. In 2022, we got to see the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ processor in some of the best Android smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, OnePlus 10 Pro, iQOO 9T, Vivo X80 Pro and more. Both these Chipsets performed well in the Indian as well as the global markets. Now, Qualcomm has recently launched the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC, which is set to rule the Android world in 2023.
The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor is paired with Adreno 740 graphics processing unit (GPU). The processor will most probably be based on the 4nm process. While the official launch of the processor happened just a few hours ago, rumours have already suggested half a dozen phones that will ship with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor. Here we will talk about all the upcoming phones that will most probably get the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor. But before that, we will share some interesting facts that will help you understand the capabilities of the latest Qualcomm flagship processor.
Features of Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor that you should check out
- Robust architecture: The latest Kyro architecture of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC has a tri-cluster architecture. It consists of a new Cortex-X3 at a clock speed of 3.2GHz. The best part about the processor is that it offers high-octane performance without compromising the battery life. In terms of performance, the SoC is 35 percent faster than its predecessor. When it comes to power efficiency, the company claimed that the users will see up to a 40 percent boost.
- Qualcomm Sensing Hub: The Qualcomm Sensing Hub features dual AI processors that support for custom wake words. In addition to that, the developers will also have the ability to unlock more capabilities with the Qualcomm AI Stack. The sensing hub includes sensors, various connectivity standards, voice/audio support, and more.
- Snapdragon Connect: Snapdragon has induced AI capabilities to enhance the connectivity aspects. This will allow faster upload and download speeds with relatively low latency along with considerable battery efficiency. The Snapdragon X70 5G Modem also supports 4CC and 5G dual SIM along with dual activity. The FastConnect 7800 provides next-gen Wi-Fi 7 with High Band Simultaneous (HBS) multi-link with download speeds up to 5.8Gbps.
- Snapdragon Elite Gaming: The way gaming is getting more and more dominant in the smartphone industry, processor-producing companies are supposed to focus on this aspect too. Keeping it the way it is, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 has better performing stats as compared to its predecessor by 25% along with 45% efficient battery. The UnrealEngine 5 MetaHumans framework will provide photorealistic human characters in the game.
- Snapdragon Sound: Qualcomm has never missed out on offering high-quality audio optimization on its processors. With the Snapdragon Sound, the processor supports 48Khz lossless music streaming and dynamic spatial audio. The audio tech will be able to collect head movements and adjust the sound to deliver a life-like experience while playing supportive multimedia and games.
Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 vs Snapdragon 8Gen+ 1 vs Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
Best upcoming phones with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor
1. Motorola X40
Motorola has been at the front whenever it comes to using the latest processors in their devices and has done the same in the past. Now, the latest rumours suggest that the Moto X40 could get the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor along with LPDDR5-type RAM. According to the TENAA and 3C certification websites, the smartphone could also include 68W fast charging support, which will charge the device in less than an hour.
The handset will also have a punch-hole display complemented with curved edges. The power button and volume rockers of the device will be located at the right spine of the phone. Until now, only a limited amount of information regarding the device is available online. We are expecting to know more as soon as its launch approaches.
2. iQOO 11 and iQOO 11 Pro
iQOO has produced some of the best smartphones in the last few years, including the iQOO 7 Legend, iQOO 9, iQOO 9 SE, etc. The company is in no mood to stop anytime soon, and we can soon get to see iQOO 11 and iQOO 11 Pro running on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor. The leaked spec sheet of the iQOO 11 Pro revealed that the smartphone would have a 6.78-inch display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
The smartphone will most probably get 8GB and 12GB RAM variants along with 256GB and 512GB internal storage, respectively. The device could feature a triple rear camera setup consisting of a 50MP primary sensor, a 50MP ultra wide-angle sensor, and a 14.6MP telephoto sensor. In terms of battery, we can get to see a 4700mAh battery with 200W fast charging support.
3. Xiaomi 13 series
Xiaomi 13 series could be another one on the list to get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 gen 2 processor. Both the vanilla variant and the Pro variant of the series could come with the processor. The devices will have a 6.36-inch display along with an FHD+ resolution. The Pro variant of the series could get a QHD+ resolution. It is being said that the series will make its debut in the global market by mid-November. The smartphone’s camera setup will be created in collaboration with Leica, as we got to see in the Xiaomi 12S series.
4. OnePlus 11
OnePlus will introduce the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor in the OnePlus 11 smartphone. It can feature a 6.7-inch LTPO curved display with a resolution of 3126×1440 pixels. The handset could flaunt a triple rear camera setup consisting of a 50MP primary shooter, 48MP secondary shooter, and a 32MP tertiary shooter. When it comes to battery, the device may draw power from a 5000mAh battery with 100W fast charging support. Not only this, but we can also get to see a 16GB RAM variant of the smartphone. Rumours have it that OnePlus is all set to bring back the alert slider too.
5. Realme GT 3 Pro
Though there is not a lot of information available online about the upcoming smartphone by Realme. However, it has been confirmed that the handset will work on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor. Maybe it will have other features like 8GB or 12GB RAM paired with 128GB or 256GB internal storage. Apart from that, we have to wait to know more about the device.
6. Vivo X90 Pro+
Vivo is popular for the camera prowess it offers with its flagship smartphone, not forgetting about the top-notch performance. This time, for better camera output, the device will get a V2 ISP chip along with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor. The smartphone will, of course, offer high-capacity RAM and an apt amount of internal storage. We can get to see a completely different design and a one-of-a-kind camera island. Expectations are that more details will be revealed regarding the smartphone as soon as the official launch date of the same is announced.