MediaTek announced the Dimensity 1000+ as the chipmaker’s newest flagship offering. It brings support for dual 5G SIM cards, up to 144Hz refresh rate displays, performance improvements amongst other things.
Let’s see what the new additions and features are.
MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ Highlights
- This chip shares the same architecture as the D1000 with 4 Cortex-A77 performance cores clocked up to 2.6GHz paired with 4 Cortex A55 efficiency cores running up to 2 GHz frequency.
- On the graphics front, you get Mali G77MP9 GPU. It also supports AV1 hardware decoding.
- Like its precursor, the Dimensity 1000+ also comes with an integrated 5G modem (sub-6GHz).
- It also accommodates dual 5G SIMs along with carrier aggregation.
- It is equipped with MediaTek’s 5G UltraSave power-saving mechanism that auto-adjusts the modem’s power settings and operating frequency to network conditions and user activities. This is expected to enhance battery life.
- Another headlining feature is support for 144Hz displays. The company claims this brings about 2.4 times faster frames per second than a run of the mill 60Hz panels.
- It comes with MiraVision technologies that offer better contrast, sharpness, and color levels on each frame per second. This, in turn, should result in superior real-time 4K video streams. This is said to perform better in terms of dynamic range and details than on an HDR10+ screen. This also enables SDR upscaling to HDR quality.
- Lastly, but definitely not the least, it has the HyperEngine 2.0 graphics backing.
MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ will be available in the market soon, starting with an iQOO phone in China.