LG V30, which was destined to be the star of IFA 2017, is now out in its full glory. It’s a bold move from LG that integrates several innovative features that shall help it stand toe to toe against flagships like Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 8.
What’s special about the LG V30?
- It’s the first phone with f/1.6 aperture camera. The dual cameras on the rear have glass lens that should help with cleaner images.
- LG has resorted to an OLED panel (QHD, 538 PPI, 18:9, Gorilla Glass 5)
- The new LG V30 is extremely light and slim (7.3mm and 148 grams). The back is layered with Gorilla Glass 5.
- It’s also water and dust resistant certified (IP68), and MIL-STD-810G certified for toughness
- For Audiophiles: 32-Bit quad DAC, Lossless audio recording, and bundled B&O PLAY earphones
- Google Assistant will understand some unique LG V30 commands, like ‘shoot wide-angle selfies’.
LG V30 Hardware Specifications, Software, and features
The V30 is powered by Qualcomm’s best Snapdragon 835 chipset paired with 4GB LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB/ 128GB UFS 2.0 storage. Both variants will have an SD card. The 6-inch Dolby Vision OLED Display is curved on edges, but not to the same extent as Galaxy S8’s panel.
LG is breaking some chains here. The V30 won’t have the V-series signature feature, the secondary ticker display and 3300mAh battery on the phone isn’t removable either. For now, the phone is running Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0+, but it will get Android Oreo sometime later.
Other features include a rear mounted fingerprint sensor, 4G VoLTE, dual band WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, Quick Charge 3.0, and USB Type-C 2.0.
LG V30 Price and Availability
To start with LG V30 will be available in South Korea in Aurora Black, Cloud Silver, Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet color options. LG hasn’t revealed the price yet. Country specific price will be revealed later.
LG V30 Detailed Specs
|Display||6-inch curved OLED, 18:9, QHD+, 538 PPI|
|Processors||Octa-core Snapdragon 835, Adreno 540 GPU|
|Internal Storage||64GB/128GB UFS 2.0, MicroSD card support|
|Software||Android 7.1.1 Nougat based LG UX 6.0|
|Primary Camera||16MP, OIS, EIS, PDAF, Laser AF, F/1.6 aperture, two-tone flash
+ 13MP, F/1.9 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens
|Secondary Camera||5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture|
|Dimensions and Weight||151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm; 158g|
|Battery||3300mAh, Quick Charge 3.0|
|Others||4G VoLTE, USB Type-C, NFC, Bluetooth 5.2 LE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac, Water and dust resistant, fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm Audio Jack|
|Price||To be announced|