WhatsApp has finally rolled out the ability to create AI stickers on the platform. Users can now create static and animated stickers using AI that separates the subject from the background, adds an outline, and allows users to edit it how they like. Once users send such stickers, they will appear in their recent stickers tray, allowing them to use it again. However, the feature might not be available for all accounts yet. Nonetheless, WhatsApp will eventually release it for everyone.
Create WhatsApp Stickers On iOS
- Open a chat.
- Tap the sticker button toward the right of the keyboard.
- If you’re creating a sticker for the first time, the sticker section will prompt you to create your stickers using photos. Hit the plus symbol to get started.
- On the following screen, select an image with a discernable subject. For instance, you can choose your or a friend’s image to create a fun sticker.
- WhatsApp will cut out the subject in the image and showcase it with a white outline. You can also add other stickers or emojis to the one you’re creating. The text button also allows you to add a message to the sticker.
- Once you’re done, hit the blue arrow at the bottom right corner to send the sticker in the chat.
- To add the sticker to favorites, tap the sticker and select “Add to Favorites.”
- You can also edit the sticker by adding other elements by tapping it and then selecting “Edit Sticker.”
- If a friend has sent you a custom sticker and you wish to create your own, tap it and select “Create Your Own.” Then, follow the steps mentioned above to create a custom WhatsApp sticker.
Custom WhatsApp stickers sure add an element of fun to the conversation. Although iPhone users can create stickers in the Messages app, creating them directly in WhatsApp saves time. The feature should also come out on WhatsApp for Android soon.