Vodafone-Idea is gradually gearing to gain speed in the telecom market competing with other players mainly Jio and Airtel. In its 5G trial undergoing in Pune, Vi has shown good results and announced its readiness for both SA and NSA networks. Also, it has begun its VoWiFi service that enables Wi-Fi calling on Vi networks.
Since major telecom operators in the country that including Vi, Reliance Jio, and Airtel have recently increased the prices of prepaid plans arising a concern to keep an eye on 4G data consumption. Vi’s plans like weekend data rollover and binge all night have collected have worked to gain new customers while retaining the existing one.
With the introduction of revised plans, there is lo of confusion among consumers on methods to check your data balance, SMS balance, and validity details.
You can check Vi plan details either by a manual method which includes dialing USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code or through online services like a website, WhatsApp, IVR, or Vi app. Let’s dive deep.
How to check Vi plan details manually
How to check Vi main balance and validity
Dial *199*2*1# – The code provides complete details of active plans including main balance, data packs, and validity of your Vi number. The service provider will send an SMS with these details.
How to check Vi 4G data balance
Dial *199*2*2# – Dialing the code will present the amount of data left for the day with details of active data add-ons.
How to check Vi SMS balance
Dial *199*1*8# – The USSD code flash a message on active SMS plans on the number. Since there are several Vi plans that do not offer outgoing SMS services, so it becomes necessary to check the active SMS plans.
Alternatively, Vi subscribers can simply dial *199# to know the main balance and validity of the number. Also, a further response can be submitted on the same flash message to know more details of data, SMS, and other services.
How to check Vi plan balance online
How to check Vi balance using the website
- Visit Vi’s official website www.myvi.in/account/login
- Enter a Vi mobile number and submit the OTP.
- A dashboard will appear showing the active plans on its home screen.
- Click on My Account to know further details like recharge history, data balance, active packs, and services.
Vi users can directly recharge their numbers from the website. The subscriber can also request DND services from the panel. Not limited, you can arise and track the status of your service requests and complaints.
How to check Vi balance using the Vi App
- You can download the Vi app from Google Play Store and Apple App Store
- Log in to the app with a valid Vi number
- A user panel will be displayed with every detail on your Vi mobile number. Browse to the various section to check for active main plan, data plan, SMS plans, and other related services.
The Vi app is well-built to serve various purposes like recharging your or any Vi number, real-time data balance, bill information, subscription-based movies, live TV, and TV shows. The company also shows various deals and offers including third-party platforms.
How to check Vi balance using WhatsApp
- Save the number 9654297000 to your phonebook
- Open WhatsApp, go to the saved Vi service number, and send a message Hello
- An automated message will appear with a menu
- Click on the menu to see an option of Balance and tap on it
- To opt for a balance check from another message, send the associated number 1 in the chatbox.
- Provide the OTP sent to you via SMS.
- You will receive another message with the required details. It will include your remaining amount of data for the day, details of add-on data, weekend rollover data, and the plan validity
How to check Vi balance via IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
- Checking for Vi plan details through IVR is easy. Dial 199 with your Vi mobile number and respond to instructions.
- Select your preferred language by providing the input
- Follow the instructions given by IVR to get details of your data plans, SMS plans, and validity.
ALSO READ: How to combine your Spotify Playlists
FAQs related to Vi plans and validity
Is there any emergency data available on Vi?
Yes, Vi offers a monthly of 2GB free data to its subscribers under its Data Delights program. The plan is available for prepaid users with a limit of maximum 1GB of data per day. You can enjoy the free data by claiming it on the Vi app or by dialing 121249 from your Vi number.
Why I don’t get SMS services on all plans?
Vi offers outgoing SMS on select recharge plans. It is advised to thoroughly check the details of the plan you’re going to recharge.
How do I get weekend data rollover?
The Weekend Data Rollover service is available to all Vi Here Unlimited daily data recharge of Rs 299 and above. The unused data can be used on Saturday and Sunday.