Huawei’s Honor sub-brand has had a great run and has considerably evolved over the past three years. And to celebrate its third anniversary, Huawei today unveiled Magic, a new Honor branded dual camera smartphone with Artificial Intelligence and Bezel-less design.
On the face of it, Honor Magic shows routing high-end specs. There is a compact 5.1-inch display crammed with 2560 x 1440 pixels (2K) that are pushed on to it by the Kirin 950 SoC with 8 cores ticking at Max frequency of 2.3GHz. The chipset is further aided by 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.
Huawei found its calling in dual camera technology this year and is naturally sticking with it for the new Honor flagship. There are two 12MP camera sensors on the rear: Monochrome and color. On the front, you will find an 8MP camera with wide f/2.0 aperture lens.
Other hardware features include WiFi ac, 2900mAh battery, Micro USB, and a whole bunch of sensors that make it smart.
Now the interesting bit:
– The 2K AMOLED display on Honor Magic is curved with a double 3D glass layer on top that reflects light. So that Halo around the phone in press renders is real.
– The fingerprint sensor alone suffices as a complete navigation bar. It integrates the fingerprint sensor too.
– The 2900mAh battery is made of ‘special graphite molecular structure’. Also, it can charge to 40 percent in just 10 minutes, and up to 70 percent in twenty!
And for the Smart AI features:
– The Honor Magic can sense its owner picking up the phone using frame sensors and the front camera and flashes the screen on. Huawei calls this WiseScreen sensor.
– Messages and notification on the phone will reveal themselves to pre-registered faces only
– Honor Magic also keeps an eye on what you are doing and helps simplify things by intuitively sharing related information with you. For instance, if you drive to the theater, Honor Magic will automatically display the ticket booking number. Or it will show driver license plate information on locked screen whenever you hail a cab.
Unfortunately, the Honor Magic availability will be restricted to China as of now. There is no word on the global roll-out yet.
Honor Magic Specs and Features
|Display||5.09-Inch AMOLED 2K Display, 577 PPI, 3D Glass|
|Processor||2.3GHz Kirin 950 octa-core processor|
|Software||Android 6.0 Marshmallow|
|Primary Camera||12MP+12MP, Dual LED flash|
|Secondary Camera||8MP, f/2.0 aperture|
|Battery||2900mAh, fast charging|
|Others||4G LTE, Fingerprint reader, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac,
|Price||To be announced|