Google has shared an update on Wear OS as a part of its #11WeeksOfAndroid announcements. It is now based on Android 11 and supports Snapdragon Wear 4100 SoC. So, needless to say, there are performance gains and new features.
Here, have a look at everything new in this update:
New Wear OS Features
- Faster access to info and app startup time. Google claims there is a 20% speed increase.
- After all, it now supports Qualcomm’s newest Snapdragon Wear 4100 and 4100+ SoCs.
ALSO READ: Amazfit Bip S Lite Review
- Easier pairing process
- System UI now comes with smart controls for keeping a tab on different watch modes and workouts
- Better support for LTE connection
- Handwashing timer (just like Apple’s WatchOS 7) ensuring you wash your hands properly.
- New weather tile that presents hourly forecasts and location-based alerts, helping you micro-manage the day better.
- Google is assuring better support for devs as now building Wear OS apps will be easier.
Google tells the OTA update will be releasing in the fall.