Google’s Pixel 3 and Pixel 2 phones were impressive on many fronts, especially for consumers who are heavily invested in Google’s ecosystem of apps and services. They are excellent performers, offer the best possible camera experience as of now, and come with 2 years of warranty in India. Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL is also expected to receive a similar treatment.
However, if you are a prospective buyer and are looking for the list of Google service centers in India or have other questions related to the state of Google’s after-sales support in India, here are a few things that you should know.
How to Contact Google for Pixel related issues?
Past the first-generation Pixel phones, Google discontinued its Pixel service centers in India. Instead, it has partnered with B2X to provides door to door and remote repair service in 30 Indian cities. This covers the whole of Delhi NCR, but we don’t have complete details of all cities that Google covers in India. We are guessing all major metros are covered though.
In case you damage your phone, you can contact Google from an option listed under “Support and Tips” in the settings menu. Google will schedule a pickup and drop service for the address you provide (for supported pin codes).
You can also directly call on Google service Helpline number 1800 419 0655 between 9 AM and 6 PM.
Moreover, there is a 24/7 live chat support as well. You can contact the agent via the dedicated tab in the phone settings. You’ll be able to share your screen and the rep will have remote access to your device. They will be able to see exactly what you’re seeing and direct through the troubleshooting steps. Note: The other person will gain access only if you permit, not otherwise. Having live person support could prove helpful.
Google Pixel phone repair process in India
We contacted Google customer care faking an inquiry about replacing a damaged screen and here is what we learned:
- Since there are no physical service center partners, you will have to schedule a pickup for your damaged device.
- There are four slots for picking up devices filled on a first come first serve basis. So, you won’t have to wait too long for scheduling your pick up. And the pick and drop service is entirely free.
- You will get the estimate for repair only after the Google engineer examines your device for hardware damages. And this may take up to a week.
- If you don’t want to proceed with the repair after getting the estimate, you can cancel the repair order. Your phone will be delivered back to you.
- The representative offered us a spare device to use while our Pixel moved through the repair stages.
- The estimated turn around time that Google representative gave us was 2 weeks.
- In case of hardware damages (like if you crack your display or touch), Google will, more often than not, provide a replacement phone after you agree on the repair charges (Just as is the case with iPhones). Which is to say, hardware repairs won’t be cheap.
Getting Pixel Phone After sales support in India
Google had initially partnered with HTC for servicing Pixel and Pixel XL in India. As of today, however, they have opted for a different approach which has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
If you live in one of 30 cities that Google services, you can enjoy the convenience of home pick and drop. If not, things can be a bit inconvenient.
Google anyways offers 2 years warranty and has a remote team to resolve software related issues, so as a Pixel owner you are fairly well covered. Having said that, Google should work on expanding its service ecosystem in India if it needs to fully justify the premium price it asks for the Pixel devices.