The Asus Zenfone 5 that made headlines at the annual MWC 2018 event, will be launched in few markets tomorrow. But ahead of that, its pricing detail popped up on the internet giving us the estimated cost of the device for the first time.
The phone was globally unveiled in Barcelona on 28 February alongside the Asus’s Zenfone 5 Lite and 5Z, without revealing their price. The major highlights of all three handsets are Artificial Intelligence Engine (AIE), Cameras, display, and performance.
Asus Zenfone 5 Price (Rumored)
As per MyDrivers, the Asus ZenFone 5 which will soon launch in Taiwan for a price tag of NT$11,990. The figures roughly translate to Rs. 26,700 in Indian currency – a tad expensive from the Indian market perspective.
Side by side, Asus will also launch the Zenfone 5 in China. The device will also make it to Indian shores sooner rather than later but we don’t have the exact date with us as of now.
Asus Zenfone 5 Features
Coming to phone’s specifications, the Asus Zenfone 5 features 19:9 aspect ratio 6.2-inch full HD+ display with 90 percent screen to body ratio. It is powered by Snapdragon 636 mobile processor coupled with AI and up to 6GB of RAM and 64GB onboard storage.
For those interested in the optics, the phone sports 13-megapixel Sony IMX363 image sensor along with 8-megapixel wide-aperture lens on the rear. Whereas Zenfone 5 selfie camera boasts an 8MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture.
The Zenfone 5 comes wrapped around the metal body with glass on the front and the rear end. The battery housed is 3300mAh battery with fast charging support and the resident OS on the phone is Android Oreo with ZenUI 5.0. The device can be unlocked via both face ID as well as a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Asus Zenfone 5 Specifications
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass Super IPS display with 500 nits Brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 SoC with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB /128GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with ZenUI 5.0, upgradable to Android P
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD) with Dual VoLTE
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, Dual Pixel PDAF, 4-axis OIS/EIS, Pro mode with RAW support, secondary 8MP 120-degree wide-angle lens with f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 83-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor (rear)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24b-bit, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- Dimensions: 153×75.65×7.85mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C (2.0)
- 3300mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging and AI charging