Apple Vision Pro 2 is at least 18 months away, says Gurman

Main Image
  • Like
  • Comment
  • Share

Apple usually launches new iterations and versions of its product line with clockwork precision. It means we get newer iPhones every fall and that has been the case for more than a decade. Cut to now, it seems like Apple Vision Pro 2 won’t follow the same ordeal and instead, there’s at least a waiting time of 18 months before the sequel or successor to the OG Apple Vision Pro is announced.

Mark Gurman of Bloomberg published its latest edition of the “Power On” newsletter detailing information about Apple’s augmented reality headset. Dubbed Apple Vision Pro, the device is at least 18 months away from its launch sometime in August 2025. It means the Cupertino-based giant may not be following the usual year-on-year launch schedule and it could be for a handful of reasons.

Apple Vision Pro made its first debut last year and earlier this year, Apple launched it to the public. It clocked in pre-orders of 200K units meaning Apple sold out the initial stock at a lightning-fast speed. However, its price tag (BTW, it is $3,499) has been a concern for many including Apple as it may play a role in negative publicity.

Vision Pro via MKBHD on YouTube

It seems like Apple is considering launching an affordable version of Apple Vision Pro that will possess lower processing power, lower tier screens, cut down on cameras, and might require AirPods for spatial audio and so on. The device is expected to launch sometime in 2025 although take it with a pinch of salt.

Apple Vision Pro 2, on the other hand, will bring augmented reality with more features and prowess than its predecessor. The tech giant is taking customer comments from retail stores and we think Apple could imbibe some of the requested features and discover bug fixes on the sequel.

A previous report by Ming-Chi Kuo quoted 2027 as the timeline for the launch of the second-generation of Vision Pro headset. However, it seems like a lot of stretch that puts 2025 as an apt launch placeholder for Vision Pro 2. In case the sequel doesn’t make the cut, Apple could swing in the affordable Vision Pro next year filling in the space and making the headset available for a larger audience pool.

You can follow Smartprix on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google News. Visit smartprix.com for the most recent news, reviews, and tech guides.

Related Articles

ImageiQOO Z11 and iQOO Buds Launched in India: Check Pricing and Specifications

iQOO has launched the Z11 in India along with the iQOO Buds. The Z11 is the first phone in the country to use MediaTek’s Dimensity 7500 Turbo chipset and features a curved AMOLED display. Sales of the phone begin on August 25. iQOO Z11 Specifications The iQOO Z11 has a 6.8-inch 3D curved AMOLED display …

ImageApple’s Vision Pro Delayed By Two Months: Gurman

The iPhone maker is gearing up to release another innovative and powerful product, the Vision Pro mixed reality headset. According to a report by Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, Apple’s Vision Pro mixed-reality headset won’t launch in the United States until March 2024. Vision Pro To Launch Sometime Around March 2024 The company needs more time for …

ImageSelling Vision Pro Requires Apple Store Staff To Undergo Special Training Seminars

Apple’s Vision Pro is scheduled to arrive in early 2024. The mixed-reality headset announced earlier this year is one of the best in the industry. It features a dual-chip design, several cameras, and other sensors that facilitate the digital overlay above users’ surroundings. Now, a newsletter suggests that the Cupertino-based tech giant is gearing up …

ImageiPhone 18 Pro Series and Apple’s First Foldable Could Debut on September 8, Says Gurman

Apple could unveil the iPhone 18 Pro series and its long-rumored foldable iPhone on September 8, 2026, according to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman. In his latest report, Gurman says Apple is expected to stick to its usual launch window and hold its annual iPhone event during the week following Labor Day in the US.  Since Labor …

ImageApple Is Squeezing Its Display Suppliers For A 20% Price Cut On The iPhone 18 Pro Max

Apple is in the middle of a cost-cutting exercise for its upcoming iPhone 18 Pro 18 Pro Max, and its display suppliers are bearing the brunt. According to The Elec, Apple is pushing Samsung Display and LG Display to reduce what they charge for their OLED panels. Also Read: OnePlus 16 To Debut At Its …

Discuss

Be the first to leave a comment.