Parag Agrawal, an Indian-American technology executive, is now the new CEO of Twitter. after Jack Dorsey decided to step down from the topmost executive position. The Twitter founder also introduced his successor in Parag Agarwal in his final tweet as CEO. [Read in Hindi]
In reply, Parag tweeted: “I’m honoured and humbled. And I’m grateful for your continued mentorship and friendship. I’m grateful for the service that you built, the culture, soul, and purpose you fostered among us, and for leading the company through really significant challenges. I’m grateful for the trust you’ve put in me and for your continued partnership.”
Parag Agrawal may have become the CEO of Twitter today, but he is working in Twitter for the last 10 years. Now his name has also become one of those big Indian celebrities heading the business or big names of companies at the world level including Google, Microsoft, IBM, and Adobe among others.
Here is some interesting fact about Parag Agrawal, who became the CEO of Twitter earlier today.
- Parag Agrawal had first joined Twitter in October 2011 as a distinguished software engineer.
- He was later promoted to different ranks and designated as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in 2017 where his role is described as “Twitter’s technical strategy and overseeing machine learning and AI across the consumer, revenue, and science teams”.
- Parag was also appointed as in-charge of Dorsey’s project Bluesky in December 2019.
- Before joining Twitter in 2011, Parag had worked as leadership executives in Microsoft and Yahoo.
- Parag has done B. Tech. in Computer Science from IIT Bombay. He had cleared IIT-JEE securing the 77th rank in 2000.
- Also, he is a gold medalist in the International Physics Olympiad of 2001 held in Turkey.
- Parag Agrawal had pursued PhD in computer science from Stanford University, post his graduation.
- Twitter new CEO was a classmate to the popular playback singer Shreya Ghoshal during his school days in Atomic Energy Central School, Mumbai.