Xiaomi fans and consumers have been patiently waiting for the next MIUI version upgrade and finally, but the wait is about to end. Come the July 26, Xiaomi will release of MIUI 9 Beta alongside Mi 5X. The new MIUI version is said to come with a redesigned lock screen, a new launcher, new themes, and few new features.
Xiaomi might take another month or so to push stable build over the air to everyone, those who can’t wait to get their hands MIUI 9 can certainly opt for Beta version by becoming an MIUI 9 beta tester. Here’s how to register for MIUI beta testing program and steps to download and Install MIUI 9 on your phone:
Also Read: OnePlus 5 Review: The New Value Phone King
List of MIUI 9 Compatible Devices / Smartphone
Just CTRL+F to find your device in the list:
Mi 2 | Mi 2S | Mi 2A | Xiaomi Mi Note |Xiaomi Mi Pad | Redmi Note 4G |Redmi Note 3G | Redmi 1 | Redmi 1S | Redmi 2 | Google Nexus 5 | Redmi Note 2 | Redmi Note 2 Prime | Mi 4C | Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon) | Redmi 2 Prime | Mi 5 | Mi 5 Pro | Mi 5s | Mi Max 32GB | Mi Max Prime | Mi MIX | Mi Note 2 | Mi 4i | Mi 5s Plus | Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm | Redmi Note 4 Mediatek | Redmi 4 | Redmi 4 Prime | Redmi 4A | Redmi Note 3 SE | Redmi Note 3 Mediatek | Redmi 3S | Redmi 3S Prime | Redmi 3X | Redmi 3 | Redmi 3 Prime | Redmi Pro | Mi 4S | Mi Note Pro | Redmi 4X | Mi 6 | Mi 5C | Mi Max 2 | Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 | Redmi Note 4X Mediatek | Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon | Redmi Note | Redmi 2A |
If your phone is supported, proceed to the simple steps below:
How To Apply for MIUI 9 Beta Tester Program
1) First, download Xiaomi MIUI Forum app from Google’s Play Store.
2) Click on the icon on the upper left corner of the screen to login or signup for a Mi account.
3) Once you logged In, tap on the Recruitment button on the home screen.
4) Here, you have to select the name of the compatible device from the drop down menu in the first column. Fill remaining details such as how old your device is, and your reason for enrolling in this program.
5) Once you submit, your request will be forwarded to moderators for approval. If they select your application, you will be notified on July 26 via a mail and message on Mi account. The email will also contain information related how to install MIUI 9 Beta build on your phone.
PS: Aforementioned steps are for this beta tester program are for MIUI 9’s Chinese Build. Global variant Beta tester program will be announced at a later stage.
If in case, you are applying for this MIUI 9 beta tester program and get selected, let us know your view on new MIUI software in the comments section below.