Paytm has launched its subscription-based loyalty program called Paytm First in India. The company has already rolled out an update to Android and iOS users should get it by 7th March. Paytm First would be in direct competition with the likes of Amazon Prime and Flipkart Plus. Back in 2017, it had entered the B2C Retail Shopping sector with Paytm Mall. This new endeavor could be aimed to turn around its current financial turmoil and increase customer retention.
Amazon and Flipkart’s paid-subscription program comes with their own slew of features and benefits. We have laid out the benefits of the three to help you make a better decision. Let’s see how the three compare against each other.
Paytm First vs Amazon Prime vs Flipkart Plus Comparison
|Paytm First||Rs. 750/year||
|Amazon Prime||Rs. 999/year or Rs. 129/month||
|Flipkart Plus||50 Membership Coins*||
*Membership Coins are explained in the Flipkart Plus section down below.
Paytm First @ Rs. 750/year
First and foremost, as an inaugural offer, you could get a cashback worth Rs 100 for a limited time. So, for the first year, your effective price will be Rs.650.
Having cleared it out, let’s get to the exciting offers with Paytm First are as follows:
- Get Flat Rs. 30 Paytm Cashback on adding Min. Rs. 500 to your Paytm Wallet every month. Offer Valid for 12 months.
- Gaana annual membership worth Rs. 399 (Validity: 12 months)
- Wynk Music Annual membership worth Rs. 999 (Validity: 1 year)
- Sony Liv annual subscription worth Rs. 499 (Validity: 12 months)
- ViU Premium worth Rs. 297 (Validity: 90 days)
- Eros Now Annual membership worth Rs. 470 (Validity: 1 year)
- Uber worth Rs 1000/month ( Validity: 180 days)
- Uber Eats benefits worth Rs. 2400 (Validity: 12 months)
- Zomato Gold membership worth Rs. 600 (Validity: 3 months)
- Get Rs. 100 cashback on 1 ticket every month, valid for 12 months
Amazon Prime @ Rs. 999/year or Rs. 129/month
Amazon Prime offers a galore of benefits such as unlimited free and fast delivery, video-streaming, ad-free music, exclusive access to deals & more at Rs. 999/year or Rs. 129/month.
The opt-in offers with Amazon prime are as follows:
- Unlimited free One-Day and Two-Day Delivery on eligible items
- Unlimited streaming of exclusive Indian and US blockbuster movies, TV shows and Amazon Originals on PrimeVideo.com
- Over a million songs. Unlimited. Ad-free. Now FREE with Amazon Prime.
- Read as much as you want from hundreds of eligible eBooks, comics and more on Kindle apps.
- 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals.
You could check out the Amazon Prime Terms and Conditions here.
ALSO READ: Oppo F11 Pro Quick Review
Flipkart Plus: Free with a catch
Out of the three, Flipkart Plus is a Loyalty Programme in the true sense. Out of the three, its the one touted as free, albeit there’s a catch. It rewards regular customers who buy products from Flipkart regularly.
With each purchase worth Rs. 250 more, you earn 1 reward coin. You can earn a maximum of 10 coins from a single order. Even if your order is worth more than ₹ 2,500 you still earn only 10 coins. Once you have 50 such coins, you can get the Plus Membership.
- Get 6 Months Gaana Plus Free (Validity: 31st March 2019)
- Get 3 Months Viu Premium Free ( Validity: 30th June 2019)
- ₹100 off on Bookmyshow movie tickets when you buy a minimum of 2 tickets (Validity: 30th June 2019)
- ₹550 Instant discount on flight tickets of ₹2000 and above (Validity: 31st March 2019)
- Buy one beverage & get one beverage free at Chai Point Store (Validity: 30th June 2019)
- Flipkart Gift Card worth ₹1000 (Validity: 30th June 2019)
- Zomato Gold Offer (Validity: 30th June 2019)
- Annual Hotstar Premium Subscription ( Validity: 30th June 2019)
- Myntra Voucher worth ₹1100 (Validity: 30th June 2019)
- BookMyShow Gift Card Worth ₹1200 (Validity: 30th June 2019)
- MakeMyTrip Gift Card worth ₹1100 (Validity: 30th June 2019)
You could find more details on the Terms and Conditions of Flipkart Plus here.