Microsoft Corporation has announced the Microsoft Lumia 540 launch in India for May 14. The invites for the launch event have already been sent out. The invite reads out as, “Come. Meet us to welcome the newest member of the Microsoft Lumia family.” The invite poster also contains a Lumia 540 image in diagonal view with a Cyan Blue rear panel. The smartphone was officially announced last month and was said to be launched in India and other Asia Pacific nations before any other part of the world.
Microsoft Lumia 540 features 12 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor paired up with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of in built memory space which can be expanded up to 128 GB by a microSD card. Lumia 540 dual sim smartphone packs a 5 inch HD IPS display with a screen resolution of 1280×720 pixels. It runs on Windows 8.1 Denim OS and sports an 8 MP rear facing primary camera with a 28 mm wide angle view lens and a LED flash. Microsoft Lumia 540 specs also include a 5 MP front facing camera with a 24 mm wide angle view lens to capture crisp and sharp selfies.
Microsoft Lumia 540 Specifications
- 1.2 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset
- 1 GB RAM, 8 GB in built memory space
- microSD card support up to 128 GB
- 5 inch HD IP display (1280×720 pixels)
- Windows 8.1 Denim OS platform
- 8 MP rear facing camera with LED flash and 28 mm lens
- 5 MP front facing camera with 24 mm wide angle view lens
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 9.35 mm thick, weighs 152 grams
- 2200 mAh battery
Microsoft Lumia 540 comes in White, Black, Cyan and Orange color options and will be launched in India on 14 May.