Close on the heels of Asus, Lenovo has also announced the launch of its Legion gaming phone on July 22. Yes, on the same day, we will be witnessing the debut of two gaming monsters. So, mark your calendars accordingly!
Well, the similarities between the two devices are much more than that. They both will be running on Snapdragon 865 Plus. This recent arrival boasts a 3.1GHz top clock speed and 10% performance gain in both CPU and GPU fronts. This in itself places both Lenovo Legion and Asus ROG Phone 3 on a different stratum.
But, its not just the processing grunt, but this upcoming Lenovo flagship also sports striking design elements synonymous with a gaming phone. We had uncovered some of its leaked marketing material a while back that granted us some insight into the phone.
Lenovo Legion: Everything we know so far
Basically, here’s what you need to know:
- It will be powered by Snapdragon 865+
- There will be a notch-free display with a 144Hz refresh rate.
- The front camera resides within a side-mounted pop-up module.
- It has two USB-C ports, one by the bottom and the other on the side frame. The secondary socket is expected to be used for charging the phone while held horizontally midst gaming sessions. Or perhaps, it might be where you connect accessories like a gamepad.
- The phone will bag a 5000mAh battery that’s backed 90W wired dual fast charging. This is said to top flat to full in a mere 30 mins.
- The rumored spec sheet also divulges UFS 3.0 internal storage, LPDDR5 RAM, FHD+ resolution (2340×1080) resolution, 270Hz touch sampling rate, Android 10, 64MP + 16MP dual rear cameras and a 20MP selfie snapper.
- Rounding off the feature list, the Legion is likely to feature dual X-axis linear vibration motor and a 65mm dual stereo speakers.
Now, how much of this is true is something to be seen. Gladly, we don’t have to wait that long. Let’s see how the phone shapes up to be and if it matches the Legion brand standard we know of in the laptop market.