Expected to be a low budget sequel of the previous Moto E, MOTO E 2ND GEN looked like a matter of interest for smartphone enthusiasts. And now that the successor has gone live into the market, Moto E has been seemed to be a quite awaited gadget by Motorola. If you’re planning to get it and feeling some resistance due to troubles associated with unlocking the bootloader, then just think no more about it. Here you’ll find how to unlock the bootloader in 2nd gen Moto E.
- Go To Settings >> Device Settings >> Allow OEM Unlock.
- Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your desktop.
- Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot or Android SDK.
Before starting the process, take care that the battery is atleast 50% charged and you’ve taken a backup of all necessary data.
STEPS TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER
- Put your device in fast boot mode by switching it off and then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Open Command Prompt with Android SDK/platform-tools/ (Hold Shift and right click and press open command window here).
- Connect your Phone to PC.
- Type this in the CMD prompt window –fast boot OEM get_unlock_data
- You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
Now go to the Motorola website and Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’ after which a “REQUEST UNLOCK KEY” button will appear at the bottom of the page.
To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option.
- You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
- Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
- Then in CMD type: fast boot devices to check your device is connected.
- Now type fast boot OEM unlock
Soon you will gt the notification “Bootloader Unlocked” on your phone screen.