Redmi K20 and the ‘Pro’ packs a bouquet of high-end specs and flagship-grade features. The display is an important glam factor of these phones. Both the phones have a 6.39-inch full-screen full HD+ edge-to-edge AMOLED display with thin bezels and a large 91 percent screen to body ratio. Still, it’s 2019 and one might look for high refresh rate as trended by OnePlus 7 Pro’s 90Hz and Asus ROG Phone 2’s 120Hz displays.
While Redmi K20 Pro didn’t boast any benchmark in display refresh rate, you could activate a 75Hz display mod now. So, if you share this sentiment, let’s crank up your K20(Pro)’s display prowess from its default 60Hz to 75Hz.
Do At Your Own Risk
Before we get into the procedure, here’s a fair warning – Since its not an official mod, it might cause harm to your phone’s display.
Additionally, your device might suffer a dip in battery life which is obvious for a display with a higher refresh rate.
So, proceed with caution!
Here are the preliminary requirements to enable the 75Hz Mod:
- Make a full backup of important data and files
- The Redmi K20 or K20 Pro’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make a Backup of the DTBO partition via TWRP recovery (if you have it installed). Or else you could use the Lanthanum System Toolbox for this purpose.
How to activate Redmi K20 and K20 Pro 75Hz mod?
Credits to the XDA junior member Zenkrey, who came up with this tutorial.
There are multiple ways to flash the mod file and boost the refresh rate of your K20 or K20 Pro. Kindly follow the steps to the dot:
Using Fastboot mode:
- Connect your phone to computer
- Open up command prompt
- Type “fastboot devices” to ensure that the device is connected
- Next up, type “fastboot flash dtbo dtbo_mod_75hz.img”
- Restart the device
Alternatively, you could flash the mod file via TWRP recovery
If you want to go back to default 60Hz refresh rate, simply flash the backed up DTBO image file either via fastboot or TWRP recovery.
You can jump to this original article for full details.
Downloads: 75Hz mods
Hop on to the links given below to download the 75Hz overclock mods for your device:
- Redmi K20 75Hz mod (to be used with MIUI.eu stable version 10.3.12 only)
- Redmi K20 Pro 75Hz mod (pretty stable on China stable, China dev, & Global/Indian ROMs)