Apple currently has seven iPad models from 7.9” iPad mini to 12.9” iPad Pro, each with a different launch window, specs, and pricing. It doesn’t always make sense for many given the hard-to-keep-detail lineup, however, things are expected to take a turn for good. The Cupertino giant is expected to streamline the iPad series making it easier to bifurcate Air and Pro models that could make it easier for you to choose your best companion. Here’s how.
The latest iPad Air and iPad Pro 2024 Rumors
According to Mark Gurman from Bloomberg, Apple has big plans to spice up the entire iPad lineup in 2024 as per the Power On newsletter.
First up, the iPad Air is reportedly getting new models in March 2024 that comprises two new models – a 10.9” and a 12.9”. Both will have last year’s Apple M2 chip and no 120Hz ProMotion feature. On the other hand, the 2024 iPad Pro lineup will introduce an 11” and a 13” model powered by the latest M3 chipset and new OLED displays with 120Hz ProMotion giving it a clear differentiation between Air and Pro models.
Gurman further adds “iPad Air will be a lower-end model than Pro” but it will have significant improvements in terms of specs compared to the standard iPad models. The refresh for the latter (that would make it an 11th-gen iPad) is currently down the line although there’s no timeline as of now while simultaneously phasing out the 9th-gen iPad in the process. The 11th-gen iPad will arrive with a faster chipset yet unknown although plenty of leaks in the coming weeks will paint the picture regarding specs and beyond.
Apple iPad Series – A Clear Differentiation
To sum up, here’s how the iPad lineup will get clear differentiation between various models as per the rumors –
- 9th-gen standard iPad will phase out
- 10th-gen standard iPad will be available as an affordable offering
- 11th-gen standard iPad will get a faster chipset and update
- iPad Air will get an upgrade in March 2024 at 10.9” and 12.9” with an M2 chipset making it less powerful than the Pro
- iPad Pro to get 11” and 13” models with M3 chipset, OLED displays with 120Hz ProMotion
- You can follow Smartprix on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google News. Visit smartprix.com for the most recent news, reviews, and tech guides.