Google Pixel 3 and 3XL were perhaps the worst kept secrets. Forget the leaks the phone were readily available at a retail store in Hong Kong (and elsewhere) even before their official unveiling. Well, Google talked at length about its software and had a lot more to show off than its new Pixel phones. Here’s all that was worth knowing.
Well, the leaks were spot-on about the design; no surprises there. Here is how Google puts it:
Design language for Google is bold and optimistic, human in forms and shapes. As technology progresses, it needs to be closer to us. Soft circles and curves evoke something natural and familiar.
Pixel 3/ Pixel 3 XL Specs
Display: 5.5-inch Full HD+ / 6.3-inch QHD+ P-OLED, Gorilla Glass 5| Processor: Snapdragon 845 | RAM: 4GB | Storage: 64GB/128GB | Software: Android 9.0 Pie | Rear camera: 12.2 MP, f/1.8, dual-pixel, OIS | Front camera: 8MP +8MP (wide-angle) |Battery: 2915 mAh/ 3430 mAh, 10W wireless charging
- Google Pixel 3 camera gets better. Google mentioned that it’s still the only one to use.
- HDR+ techniques. The new Top Shot feature in the camera captures additional shots and picks the best one so you don’t have to try again.
- After doing portrait mode with just one camera, now Google Pixel 3 phones do Zoom with just one sensor – thanks to the new ‘Super Zoom’.
- ‘Night Sight’ enhances your lowlight images so you don’t have to turn on flash. This feature will be coming to Pixel 3 and previous generation Pixel phones next month.
- Motion AF, slider in portrait mode, color pop in portrait mode, auto shutter and other options are added for the rear camera.
- The second wide-angle camera on the front captures 184 percent more of the scene than iPhone XS.
- Google Pixel 3 phones will have a Truecaller alternative built in. These will be first phones to get Google Duplex as the feature rolls out next month (city by city).
- Playground AR stickers will come with Pixel 3 and also to older Pixel phones later.
- Google offers 6 months of YouTube Premium and unlimited storage for Photos with Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.
Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3XL India Price and availability
Pixel 3 will start at $799 and goes on pre-order today. Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL India price is as follows:
- Pixel 3 64GB – Rs. 72,000
- Pixel 3 128GB – Rs. 80,000
- Pixel 3 XL 64GB – Rs. 83,000
- Pixel 3XL 128 GB – Rs. 92,000
2. Pixel Stand
The new Pixel 3 stand is a smart wireless charger that you can control with voice. It is deeply integrated with Google Assistant, can turn your phone into a photo frame when idle, show you who’s at the door. It pretty much converts your phone to a home device while it’s charging.
Pixel Stand will cost $79.
3. Pixel Slate Laptop
Pixel Slate Laptop takes Google’s Chrome OS vision to the next level. Pixel Slate has a slim design with rounded corners.
- The Pixel Slate has a 293 PPI LTPS LCD. Google claims faster response times and brighter colors.
- The Chrome OS gets a facelift and a new launcher.
- Pixel Slate keyboard connects using a bottom connector and holds the screen up with a flap
- Both cameras of Pixel Slate have portrait mode and machine learning. The front camera has a wide-angle lens.
- Google offers three months of YouTube Premium with Pixel Slate.
- Front firing stereo speakers should make a difference.
- Assistant is deeply integrated.
Google Pixel Slate Price and Availability
Google Pixel Slate price starts at $549. Pixel Pen and Pixel Slate Keyboard would cost another $99 and $199, respectively. All will be available later this year.
4. Google Home Hub
Google Home Hub will add another dimension to your interaction with Home devices. Google has redesigned its popular services like maps, search, etc.
- To fine-tune brightness of the display, Google developed Ambient EQ, which adds a dedicated sensor and new imaging algorithms to fine-tunes color and brightness of the display.
- Google Home Hub has a Home View that works as a dashboard for all connected devices that you have – From multiple brands! This will also make it to Google Home app.
- It’s deeply integrated with Nest devices like Nest Doorbell, Nest thermostat, etc. So, if someone rings your nest doorbell, the hub will show you who’s at the door.
- There is no camera so you don’t have to worry about your privacy or putting it in your bedroom.
- Hub remembers the voice of members in your family and knows who its interacting with.
- YouTube has been optimized to show you tone of how to videos.
- It comes with 6 months of YouTube Premium which includes ad-free videos and music streaming.
- A ‘downtime mode’ restricts the hub from interacting with anyone, save for critical things like reminders and alarms.
- Hub can show you live albums and update them with new pictures you click. It’s smart enough to filter out blurry images, duplicate images, random clicks, and other unwanted shots.
Google Home Hub Price and Availability
Google Home Hub will be available for $149 in US, UK and Australia. Pre-orders start today, sales begin on October 22. The price is very aggressive and that shows Google wants this to be the default Home device.