Amazon India today brought its Prime Subscription to India, and whether or not you think it falls short of what you might or might not have expected – just hurry and sign up for the 60-day trial simply because
- It’s FREE. That’s reason enough.
- Later you will get a 500 INR discount for the yearly membership, should you decide to proceed.
With Amazon Prime, you get free one or two-day deliveries (with many restrictions), early access to lightning deals, discounted same day deliveries for when they’re valid. Most important of all, there is no minimum order value required for Prime members. Want to order just a face wash? Just go ahead and you don’t have to club it with a bunch of other Items adding up to 500 bucks or more.
For those who don’t sign-up for the free trial, Amazon Prime will cost 999/ year after the trial period is over.
Make sure you read the fine print, though. Not all services will be available at all locations and only products with a Prime logo adjacent to them will entail Amazon Prime benefits.
Amazon Videos, which is perhaps the best part of Prime subscription, is listed as coming soon and will be available for subscribers later.
Benefits of Amazon Prime
- FREE One-Day Delivery to eligible addresses.
- FREE Two-Day delivery to eligible addresses.
- Discounted Same-Day Delivery to eligible addresses at Rs.50.
- Discounted Morning Delivery to eligible addresses at Rs.50.
- Discounted Scheduled Delivery to eligible addresses at Rs.50.
- No minimum order value required for FREE Standard Delivery.
- Prime Early Access- Get early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.in.
- Prime Exclusive Deals – Get exclusive Lightning Deals and Deals of the Day for Prime members on Amazon.in
Limitations of Amazon Prime
- Not all products are eligible for Prime
- Prime Videos and Music not yet available
- Prime services not equally applicable to all cities
- Not applicable to large appliances or items not fulfilled by Amazon
Whether or not you should pay for the yearly subscription is a topic for another day (that would be around 60 days later) but for now, go ahead and give it a try.