Yes, Amazon India has announced a price hike for its Prime Membership Fee. The new price of Prime would rise up to 50-percent. This would be in effect soon, although the company is yet to reveal how soon or the exact date of price change. So, until that happens, you can pay the existing price of ₹129 a month, ₹329 for a quarterly plan, and a rupee shy of ₹1000 for the annual subscription. But, these prices would soon change to the following new rates:
|Plan||New Price||Current Price|
So, you see there will be a ₹500 increase in the forthcoming new price.
Well, on its official amazon.in/help page, the company notes, “since the launch 5 years ago in IN, Prime has continued to increase the value it offers members,” and goes on to explain the Prime benefits or reasons why you should pay up.
- Prime 1- day delivery.
- Prime Early Access to sale events, new product launches and Lightning Deals as well as access to global shopping event Prime Day and much more.
- Prime Video with access to award-winning movies, TV shows and Amazon Originals in 10 languages.
- Amazon Music with access to 70MM songs ad-free
- Reward points on Amazon shopping with the Amazon Pay ICICI bank credit card,
- Prime Gaming with access to Free in-game content on popular mobile games
- Prime Reading with free access to a rotating selection of thousands of books
So, even with the new hiked price, there is still a lot of value to gain from the Prime Membership. If you are an existing Prime member and feel the same, you can renew with the new price whenever it comes into effect. Amazon would notify its users and won’t auto-debit the charge from their card, which is reassuring to know. You can find more details about the price change here.