Facebook joins the cloud gaming bandwagon by introducing free cloud-streamed games through its official app and website. The roster includes popular titles like Asphalt 9, Mobile Legends: Adventure by Moonton; PGA TOUR Golf Shootout; and WWE SuperCard. These will be available right on tap without the need for a download.
The company has stressed that this is not a separate service. Rather, it will be part of the Gaming hub on the app and site or else within the Facebook Gaming app. You could even play a game from the regular feed.
Here are the rest of the details:
Facebook Cloud Gaming features
- The service is limited to the US only at the moment.
- At launch, there is no iOS support. However, the company doesn’t brush away a future possibility.
- The games will be accessible through — the Gaming section inside the official site or app as well as within the dedicated Facebook Gaming app.
- The company has revamped its Gaming Tab to facilitate better discovery and re-engagement features.
- No special hardware or controllers required to play the games.
- Gamers can also choose their avatar and names to maintain privacy.
- Game Devs can extend cross-play between the downloaded and the cloud version of their games as long as it’s connected using the same Facebook ID.
- Even you will be able to play HTML5 based interactive demo or ads to get the essence of the full game.
And these are the games presently available to play:
List of Facebook Cloud Games
- Asphalt 9: Legends by Gameloft; Mobile Legends: Adventure by Moonton
- PGA TOUR Golf Shootout by Concrete Software, Inc.
- Solitaire: Arthur’s Tale by Qublix Games
- WWE SuperCard by 2K Games.
- Dirt Bike Unchained by Red Bull will be soon added to the games library.