Oppo unveiled ColorOS 7 in an event in Beijing, China. The new update brings Android 10 with its own design flavor on top. The new UI accommodates more customization choices and palatable color schemes. Besides the apparent changes, it brings improved performance too, partly thanks to Android 10 (review).
Oppo says the phase 1 of ColorOS 7 will rollout form November 25 and the Reno series will be the first batch of devices to receive the update. A day later, it will be launched in India.
Let’s see what all’s new in this update and the devices that would be getting it along with the proposed timeline.
ColorOS 7: What’s new
The key takeaways are:
- Now, you can change the shape and size of the icons on your home screen.
- There are a bunch of new Art+ wallpapers and a polished system-wide dark theme.
- The new system sound effects are lively and inspired by real-world sounds.
- Under the hood, Oppo has worked on RAM management that claims to reduce app startup time by up to 40%, with a system resource efficiency of 30%.
- For better gaming experience, the ColorOS 7 aids in better in-game FPS and touch latency. The Game space now has a focus mode, inspired by Google’s Digital Wellbeing.
- The camera app gets new features such as Portrait Mode 2.0, extreme night mode and a super-steady mode for videography.
- The Gallery app has been optimized for quick editing and sharing on the go.
- The Oppo’s native smart assistant, which BTW goes by the name Breeno, now supports time and location-based automated actions, and hands-free driving modes.
Now that we have run through its features, let’s see when will our devices get it.
ColorOS 7: Rollout Roadmap
Oppo Reno 3 was teased as the first device to debut with ColorOS 7 out of the box. Speaking of which, it will premiere in December and will come equipped with dual-mode 5G connectivity.
ColorOS 7 rollout timeline for Oppo phones in India –
|1||November 26, 2019||Reno, Reno 10x Zoom|
|2||December 2019||Reno 2, F11, F11 Pro (including Marvel Avenger’s edition)|
|3||Q1, 2020||Reno 2 Z, 2 F
Find X (including special editions)
|4||Q2, 2020||F7 (including 128G)
F9, F9 Pro
R15, R15 Pro
ALSO READ: Redmi K30 expected features
Color OS7 on Realme phones
Realme’s iteration of ColorOS 7 will be called RealmeOS and it will be closer to Stock Android. It was initially expected to arrive in September 2019. However, now that its changed, here’s the newly announced timeline, which covers almost every recent offerings including the Realme X2 Pro (review).