Dearest Gentle Reader…world of Bridgerton will be back to enthrall the viewers as Netflix has dropped the date(s) of the much-awaited Season 3. Based on Julia Quinn’s 8-book series titled Bridgerton, the 3rd season will focus on the budding romance between friends from childhood Penelope and Colin. All 8 books in the series focus on the love lives of the Bridgerton siblings.
The first two seasons received a thunderous response from viewers around the world and this is the reason why the buzz around the 3rd season has been sky-high ever since the announcement. Netflix has adopted a two-part release strategy for Bridgerton Season 3 as the show will release in 2 parts in 2024.
Read on to know everything about Bridgerton Season 3
Bridgerton Season 3: Release Date(s) & Streaming Platform
Netflix took to social media platform X (formerly Twitter) to announce that Bridgerton Season 3 will release in 2 parts with Part 1 releasing on May 16 and Part 2 releasing on June 13 next year.
Here is the tweet announcing the release date.
Bridgerton Season 3: Reaction to 2-Part Strategy
Ever since Netflix announced that the 3rd season will be released in 2 parts, fans have been giving mixed responses. While some feel, the 3rd season might have 10 episodes instead of 8 and so the release in 2 parts, others feel it will be too long of a wait if the show comes out bifurcated.
Bridgerton Franchise: Watch Order
- Bridgerton Season 1 (Simon and Daphne’s story)
- Bridgerton Season 2 (Kate & Anthony’s Story)
- Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story (spin-off)
- Bridgerton Season 3 (Colin and Penelope’s story)
- Bridgerton Season 4 (Luke’s story expected)
Bridgerton Books Order
The 3rd season of the Regency Romance Series deviates from the original order of Julia Quinn’s books. This is because while in books, Luke’s story comes after Anthony’s, in web series Colin’s story is picked up after the 2nd season. Luke Newton and Nicola Coughlan will run the show this time and since the audience has seen these two in seasons 1 and 2, there has already been an established fan base for this couple, hashtagged- #Polin (Penelope & Colin). Here is the order of the books-
- Bridgerton: The Duke and I
- Bridgerton: The Viscount Who Loved Me
- Bridgerton: An Offer from a Gentleman
- Bridgerton: Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Colin and Penelope’s story)
- Bridgerton: To Sir Philip, With Love
- Bridgerton: When he was Wicked
- Bridgerton: It’s in his Kiss
- Bridgerton: On the way to the Wedding
Bridgerton Season 3: Official Synopsis
The official Netflix Synopsis reads-
“From Shondaland and new showrunner, Jess Brownell, Bridgerton is back for its third season and finds Penelope Featherington has finally given up on her long-held crush on Colin Bridgerton after hearing his disparaging words about her last season. She has, however, decided it is time to take a husband, preferably one who will provide her enough independence to continue her double life as Lady Whistledown, far away from her mother and sisters. But lacking in confidence, Penelope’s attempts on the marriage mart fail spectacularly. Meanwhile, Colin has returned from his summer travels with a new look and a serious sense of swagger. But he’s disheartened to realize that Penelope, the one person who always appreciated him as he was is giving him the cold shoulder. Eager to win back her friendship, Colin offers to mentor Penelope in the ways of confidence to help find a husband this season. But when his lessons start working a little too well, Colin must grapple with whether his feelings for Penelope are truly just friendly. Complicating matters for Penelope is her rift with Eloise, who has found a new friend in a very unlikely place, while Penelope’s growing presence in the ton makes it all the more difficult to keep her Lady Whistledown alter ego a secret. “
Apart from Colin and Penelope, season 3 will also focus on Eloise’s new quests and Kate and Anthony’s post-marriage life.
Note- The synopsis is taken from Netflix’s official blog post. (Source)
Bridgerton Season 3: Cast & Crew
Most of the primary cast will be returning for the next season.
- Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton
- Ruth Gemmell as Violet Bridgerton
- Lorraine Ashbourne as Mrs. Varley
- Hannah Dodd as Francesca Bridgerton (new addition)
- Simone Ashley as Viscountess Kate Bridgerton
- Jonathan Bailey as Vicount Anthony Bridgerton
- Adjoa Andoh as Lady Danbury
- Harriet Cains as Philipa Featherington
- Bessie Carter as Prudence Featherington
- Daniel Francis as Marcus Anderson (new addition)
- Sam Phillips as Lord Debling (new addition)
- James Phoon as Harry Dankworth (new addition)
- Golda Rosheuvel as Queen Charlotte
And others. Phoebe Dyenover aka Daphne has confirmed that she won’t be returning for 3rd season.
Jess Brownell will be serving as showrunner for Season 3. Executive producers are Van Dusen, Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers, and Tom Verica.