Apple’s next generation of iPhones are official, and certainly one of them is the biggest iPhone they have ever made. The new premium iPhones are called – the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Not much has evolved aesthetically in comparison to iPhone X but Apple has made major changed under the hood.
Biggest ever change is the Dual SIM support. Apple claims to have made improvement in camera and now there’s a 512 GB storage option as well.
Apple iPhone Xs and Xs Max FAQ: Everything You Need to Know
What are the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max?
– On September 12, Apple hosted an event at its Steve Jobs Auditorium in Cupertino where it unveiled next-generation iPhones – iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Both phones are a major upgrade over 2017’s iPhone X.
What Are the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XS specifications?
– Both these new iPhones are claimed to be the fastest smartphones and best iPhones yet. As for hardware, the key difference between the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max is display size and battery. Apart from that everything else is the same in these two new iPhones. Here’s a complete run down to iPhone XS specs for you:
Apple iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs specs:
- iPhone Xs Display: 5.8-inch OLED Super Retina HD True Tone Display (2436 x 1125 resolution) with 3D Touch, HDR10 and Dolby Vision support, 120 Hz touch-sensing, Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
iPhone Xs Display: 6.5-inch OLED Super Retina HD True Tone Display ( 1242 x 2688 resolution) 19.5:9 ratio, Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant, Wide color gamut display, 3D Touch display, 120 Hz touch-sensing
- Processor: 7nm based A12 Bionic chip with Neural Engine, hexa-core CPU with 4x low-power ‘Mistral’ cores and 2x high-power ‘Monsoon’ cores. Embedded M12 motion co-processor, quad-core GPU.
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB
- Rear Cameras: Setup Dual 12MP cameras, wide-angle lens with f/1.8 aperture and telephoto lens with 2X optical zoom, f/2.4 aperture, OIS and PDAF on both lens.
- Front Camera: Single 7MP TrueDepth, f/2.2 aperture.
- Battery Capacity not specified.
- IP certification: Waterproof and dust-resistant IP68-certified
- Sensors: Face ID, 3-axis Gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Barometer
- Connectivity: Gigabyte LTE, nano-SIM slot, eSIM, Dual SIM Dual Standby, GPS, Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, VoLTE, Wi-Fi Calling, Lightning port
- iPhone Xs Dimensions: 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm; Weight 177g
- iPhone XS Max Dimensions: 157.5×77.4×7.7 mm; Weight: 208g
Apple iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xs India Price, and Availability
When the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max becomes available in the US and India market?
– Well, the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max preorders start on Friday i.e September 14 in the US and the shipping starts from September 21.
As for India, the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max to go on sale starting September 28.
What’s the iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs price in the US?
– The iPhone Xs 64GB base variant starts at $999. for the US market. The iPhone XS Max base variant to retail at $1099.
- Apple iPhone Xs 64GB price in the US – $999
- Apple iPhone Xs 256GB price in the US – $1,149
- Apple iPhone Xs 512GB price in the US – $1,349
- Apple iPhone Xs Max 64GB price in the US – $1,099
- Apple iPhone X Max 256GB price in the US – $1,249
- Apple iPhone Xs Max 512GB price in the US – $1,449
What’s the iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs price in India?
– iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max, Price in indian retail rupees are:
- Apple iPhone Xs 64GB price in India– Rs. 99,900
- Apple iPhone Xs 256GB price in India – Rs. 1,14,900
- Apple iPhone Xs 512GB price in India– Rs. 1,34,900
- Apple iPhone Xs Max 64GB price in India– Rs. 1,09,900
- Apple iPhone Xs Max 256GB price in India– Rs. 1,24,900
- Apple iPhone Xs Max 512GB price in India– Rs. 1,44,900
What are the Storage Options available in iPhone X Offer?
- Apple iPhone XS Storage: 64GB, 256GB, 512GB.
- Apple iPhone XS Max Storage: 64GB, 256GB, 512GB.
Apple iPhone XS: Design, Built Quality and Display
How is the iPhone X Design?
– By the looks of it, not much has evolved in iPhone XS design if you compare it with its predecessor. Like iPhone X, its successor also continues to flaunt all glass and metal built. However, as per Apple, the iPhone XS Screen covered by a new type of glass which is most durable glass ever in a smartphone. The iPhone XS chassis is made of surgical-grade steel.
What’s the screen size of iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max?
– Apple’s iPhone XS screen size is identical to its predecessor. It too comes with a 5.8-inch OLED screen. The iPhone XS Max screen, on the other hand, measures 6.5-inch diagonally.
Is Apple iPhone XS water and Dust-proof?
– Well, the iPhone XS comes with IP68 water resistance certification which means it can withstand water and dust up to 2 meters. That’s not all, it can also survive accidental beer or other liquid spills.
What color options will Apple iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max come in?
– Like always, Apple continues its love affair Gold, silver, and gray hue. Therefore, the iPhone XS will be available in Gold, silver, and space gray colors.
How is the Apple iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs Display?
– Both the phones have a similar OLED (AMOLED) panel which Apple prefers to calls as Super Retina display. While the iPhone XS Max boasts a 6.5-inch screen, the iPhone XS comes with 5.8-super retina panel with 2436X1125p resolution, 2.7million pixels, 458pi pixel density and 120Hz Touch sensitive. The displays of new iPhones are also Dolby Vision and HDR 10 certified. AS per Apple, iPhone XS display has 60 percent greater dynamic range of colors than iPhone X display.
Apple iPhone Xs: Hardware, Software and Performance
What Chipset does Apple use in iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs?
Unlike Android makers, Apple makes their own custom chipsets for its mobile phones. This year’s iPhone – XS Max, XS, and XR all are powered by Apple’s new A12 Bionic hexa-core chip.
How different is Apple’s new A12 Bionic chip from the last year’s A11 Bionic chip?
Well, the A12 Bionic chip is much more advanced as compared to the A11 bionic mobile processor. Firstly, it is based on the 7nanometer chip whereas the A11 was based on 10nm process. While the number of CPU cores is same on both chipset, Apple has doubled the GPU cores and shot up Neural Engine cores from two to eight. Now, the A12 Neural Engine can perform 5 trillion AI tasks per second as compared to A11’s 600 billion operations per second.
What iOS Version will the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will ship starting September 21?
– Both the iPhones- XS and XS Max will ship with iOS 12 out-of-the-box.
Apple iPhone Xs: Camera
What’s New About the iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs Cameras?
Apple claims that the XS and XS Max comes with an all-new camera system. However, hardware specs read the same as last year. Like iPhone X, both these phones feature dual camera setup with 12-megapixel wide angle and telephoto rear cameras. Both sensors have optical image stabilization and PDAF. What Apple has changed is that it is using newly developed sensors.
While the wide-angle camera’s new sensor has larger pixels, and the telephoto lens includes a wider aperture. Apple claims that the new cameras will perform better in low light. The selfie camera aperture and megapixel count haven’t changed and come with the same 7MP sensor, there’s also an IR camera that aids in the Face ID.
Apple has also added smart HDR that makes use of the new powerful NPU to take HDR processing to a whole new level.
Does the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max Have OIS?
– Yes, both rear cameras have OIS.
Does it Have PDAF?
– Yes, both the rear cameras have PDAF (phase detection auto-focus).
Can the iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs Shoot 4K Videos?
– Yes, like iPhone X, they can also record 4K videos at 24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps.
Can I record Slo-Mo Videos on iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs?
– Yes, you can shoot 1080p slow-motion videos at either 120 fps or 240 fps.
Apple iPhone Xs: Biometrics
Has Apple made any major upgrade in iPhone XS Notch at the Top?
– Not really. Just like the iPhone XS boasts almost bezel-less design. The phone has a notch on the top which like its predecessor features a front-facing camera, a microphone, the speaker, and wide array of sensors, including a proximity sensor, an ambient light sensor, an IR camera, a Flood Illuminator, and a Dot Projector. Apple claims to have improved the Face ID recognition technology and now it is way faster and secure.
What is iPhone Face ID?
– With iPhone X Apple introduced Face ID which is a propitiatory 3D facial scanning technology that is used for authentication in iPhones. It uses the front-facing camera, an infrared camera, a flood illuminator, and a dot projector to create a 3D map of your face. It can be used for unlocking your phone, app authentication and making payments via Apple Pay. The company claims that in iPhone XS iPhone XS Max it has further improved its performance.
Can Face ID recognize my face in the Dark?
– Well, Apple says so. The company claims that with its ‘flood illuminator’ Face ID can scan and unlock your phone even in a dark room.
Do iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs have fingerprint sensor or Touch ID?
– Like the iPhone X, there’s no fingerprint sensor on iPhone XS.
Apple iPhone Xs: Battery and charging
How Large is the iPhone Xs Battery?
– Apple hasn’t officially revealed the exact battery capacity of the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max but as compared to iPhone X, both phones claimed to offer 30 minutes and 1hour and 30 minutes more screen on time (which isn’t much of an improvement). It is rumored that iPhone XS has a 2,716mAh unit.
Does the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max Support Fast Charging?
– Yes, the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max both supports fast charging out of the box. However, you will need to buy a fast-charger separately from Apple or any other third-party manufacturer.
Does the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max Support Wireless Charging?
– Yes, both new devices support wireless charging based on the Qi wireless charging standard.
Is Wireless Charging Faster or Slower Than Wired Charging?
– Wireless charging as of today hasn’t managed to clock the same charging speed as a wired charger.
Will I Need Separate Hardware for Wireless Charging on iPhone Xs and Xs Max?
– Unfortunately, yes.
Apple iPhone Xs: Connectivity
Do iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs Come with Dual SIM card support?
– Yes, they do but you can only slip in one physical SIM card. For secondary sim, the consumer has to activate built-in eSIM. Only the China variant of the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max has a physical SIM slot for a secondary sim card.
Apple iPhone Xs and Xs Max launched: What do you think?
Apple’s new iPhones – the Xs and Xs Max are now offical? How excited are you about them? Let us know in the comments down below!