A Kitchen Chimney is a must at least for an Indian household. Especially, when you know that the country’s cuisines are famous for tadka and fried food. While that does add to the taste, the resultant byproducts in the form of fumes and grime can irreversibly stain your kitchen tiles and ceiling.
Hence, a kitchen chimney is what you need to make your cooking a happy activity. Moreover, a good chimney will also help enhance your kitchen decor.
Kitchen Chimney Buying Guide: Things you should know
Technically, a good Chimney sucks all the cooking smoke leaving nothing but a clean environment in the kitchen. The kitchen chimney works best when it is placed right on top of your burner, at a certain height, and equips following elements:
- Filter: The longevity of chimneys depend upon the Filter used. A filter differentiates between grime and fumes, preventing the former being sucked into the machine. Primarily, filters can be broadly classified into two types – Baffle and Mesh filter. Both have their own sets advantages and disadvantages, but because Baffle filter can be easily cleaned, it is widely accepted. It is also the one best suited for Indian cooking.
- Suction Capacity: Sucking grime and smoke is the primary job of a chimney. The higher the suction power the better it is. So, look for a kitchen chimney that can suck more air in lesser time. Ideally, the suction power should be between 800-1000 m3/h.
- Blower: The work of a blower is to blow the chimney’s sucked air out of your kitchen.
- Size of Chimney: Not an equipment, but an important aspect that should be considered before buying chimney. Chimneys come in various shapes and sizes, and your selection should depend on the gas stove – both should be equal in size (or you Chimney should be bigger). Most common size is 60 cm which is ideal for most 2 to 4 burner stoves.
These are the primary feature one need to consider while buying a Kitchen Chimney. Apart from these, features like Auto-Clean Technology, Warranty, Soundproof, LED lights, alarms, design, brand, and buttons or touch-screen system are add-ons that you can choose between depending on your budget and available options.
Top 7 Kitchen Chimney you can Buy in India in 2018
1. Hindware Nevio
Hindware Nevio is an elegantly-designed chimney for your modular kitchen. The 60cm hood sits high on top of your gas stove and sucks out smoke at 1200 m3/h suction power. Under the hood, the chimney employs a stainless steel baffle filter and a metallic blower.
- LED lights
- Touchscreen controls
- Metallic Power
- Glass finish
- Thermal auto-clean feature
- Separate oil collector cup.
2. Elica 60cm Chimney
This particular Elica chimney comes from a brand that specializes in kitchen chimney. The Elica 60cm chimney comes with Baffle filter and a touch control system. The chimney comes in black color with a glass frame, which adds to its overall appeal.
Other than this, the chimney also has Metal Grease Filters, energy-efficient LED bulbs, and up to 1100m3/h suction capacity. The firm attaches 5-year warranty to its motor and 1-year warranty all the parts of the chimney.
- Metal Grease Filter
- 1yr+5yrs warranty
- Touch input
- Efficiently designed
3. Sunflame Venza Bk Chimney
Sunflame, a renowned kitchen appliance brand, is also offering its Venza Bk chimney for Indian Household. The chimney is simple yet effective affordable option to keep your kitchen smoke-free.
The chimney comes clad in a stainless steel body with sharp edges, 1100m3/h suction power, and tactile button control system. The Sunflame Venza Bk employs Baffle filter and dual halogen bulbs.
- Stainless steel body
- Classic design
- LED Bulbs
4. Glen 6079 Kitchen Chimney
If you are looking for a kitchen chimney that matches your home decor, then Glen 6079 chimney might interest you. The modular chimney gracefully sits on top of your gas stove and immediately suck smoke and grime with its 1000m3/h suction power.
The chimney is equipped with Stainless steel baffle filter, 2 LED lights, and a cassette filter to separate the grease from the air. Moreover, Glen is packaging the chimney Motor, which the company claims have a lifetime warranty.
- Modular Design
- Baffle and Cassette filter
- Extended Motor Warranty
5. Prestige 850m3/h Chimney
Next up, we have Prestige’s compact and sleek chimney. The chimney measures 60cm and has the suction power of 850m3/h – good enough for the small-to-medium sized kitchen. Prestige has packed the chimney in satin finish stainless steel body and used a baffle chimney to keep the dirt out.
- 2 inbuilt LED lamps
- 60 watts motor
- 1+2 years warranty
- Compact design
6. Kaff Fim BF 60cm Chimney
Kaff is one of the most popular kitchen hardware and accessories brand that also offers chimneys. The Kalf Fim BF chimney is an excellently designed 60cm long wall-mounted chimney. It has a 1080m3/h suction power, dual-LED bulbs, push-button controls, and a stainless steel body.
- Curved tempered glass
- Stainless steel body
- Noise level: 58db
7. Faber Classico 1200m3/h Chimney
The Fabre Classico is a simple, neat and classic chimney for your kitchen. The rectangle shaped chimney comes with highest suction power – 1200m3/h to be exact with the 68db noise level. The chimney is installed with Baffle filter and sports dual-LED lamps.
- Suction power 1200m3/h
- Touch control
- 5 years warranty
- Front glass finish
Home Kitchen Chimneys Under Rs 15,000 In India
These are the best Kitchen Chimney that you can go for as of now. The list is extensively focused on the 60cm-size chimney, which is suitable for 2 to 4 burners stove. If your gas stove is bigger than that go for the 90cm chimney. Most importantly, you must know your requirements before you choose a kitchen chimney.